1 (5.9%)
PS3
6 (35.3%)
Wii
2 (11.8%)
I'm a PC gamer
8 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Which system will you get?  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Which system will you get?
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
All this news about people getting shot over the PS3 makes me wonder. Which system will you buy or get as a gift?

Noner

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
Re: Which system will you get?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »
Yeah that's right, I want a wii!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »
I already have the PSP and a PS2, so I'm sure I'll get the PS3...but it won't be for a while that I break down and get one.  Though, I use my PS2 more for a DVD player than playing games...so who knows if I'll even get one?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 02:04:40 AM »
Have had the 360 since march 06, and don't plan on getting another system.
bald for life

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 04:49:32 PM »
Haven't played in years. But I used to have a Playstation (the original playstation) back in the
day. I'm not much into gaming these days, but if somebody decided to give me a gaming console
as a gift, well, I'd probably go with the PS3. There's just much more and better games available for
the PS.
But the new Nintendo Wii is also very interesting, with that new type of controller...
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »
I'm a Playstation guy.  Still have my original hooked up in the living room.  I won't be getting a new system anytime soon though.  We went together about a year ago and bought a PS2 for the lounge at the station.

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 03:07:23 AM »
I already have a PS2, XBOX and GameCube.
Planning to get the PS3 - but that would take a while because it is way too expensive for me. But price will drop after while and as I am not in a hurry I can wait a bit.

But I hope to get the new Wii for X-Mas. ;)
Love Zelda!  ;D

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 10:10:12 AM »
Love Zelda!  ;D

Good ol' Zelda!  My friends and I spend days of our lives playing that when it first came out on the original Nintendo.  Metroid was also one that we played a lot. 

I remember one night we had gotten really far on Metroid and hadn't saved it yet.  Then all the sudden the power went out!  I think it was the first time my mom heard all of us swear - we were like 10 at the time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
Wii little problem
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »
Speaking of the Wii.

TOKYO  —  Nintendo may have a Wii little problem.

The American branch of the Japanese video-game company has sent an e-mail to registered owners of its just-released home console, reminding them to please, please hold on to the Wii's motion-sensitive wireless controller, to always use the safety wrist strap — and to keep their hands dry while playing the physically demanding games.

"Do not let go of the remote during game play," the e-mail, posted Wednesday on gaming blog Joystiq.com, reads. "For example, in a game like Wii Sports bowling, the ball is thrown by simply releasing the B Button on the remote, not by letting go of the remote!"

"If your hands become moist," the e-mail continues, "stop and dry your hands. Excessive motion may cause you to let go of the remote and may break the wrist strap."

"We are investigating" reports of Wii wrist straps breaking, company president Satoru Iwata said Thursday, according to the Associated Press.

"Some people are getting a lot more excited than we'd expected," Iwata said. "We need to better communicate to people how to deal with Wii as a new form of entertainment."

A Web site, http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com, purports to document reports of TV sets, media cabinets, even a PDA screen all cracked by Wii remotes that have flown across rooms and into expensive electronic items.

We at FOX News aren't sure whether to trust photos of TVs that have huge cracks across their screens, yet still seem able to display an image, but others seem genuine.

"We literally have consumers letting go of the remote like you do a bowling ball. You can't do that!" Nintendo of America head Reggie Fils-Aime — dubbed "The Regginator" by wisecracking Nintendo fans for his endearingly aggressive public appearances — told Reuters last week.

The company has not decided on any specific measures to change the strap, Nintendo spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said.

Rather than just sitting in front of a TV screen for hours twiddling buttons on a traditional bat-shaped controller, players have to get up and move around in imitation of their game avatars' motions, swinging the bar-shaped Wii remote like a bat during "Wii Baseball" or thrusting it like a sword while playing "Red Steel" or "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."

For two-handed games, such as "Wii Boxing," users grip a second controller, the "Nunchuk," which plugs into the Wii remote. Perhaps due to its ergonomic design, which fits neatly into a cupped hand, there have been few reports of wayward Nunchuks.

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 03:02:44 PM »
That is great!!!

People are throwing their controllers like a bowling ball!

Hah!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »
i have thrown a controller. not like a bowling ball though. usually when some little snot nose brat beats me at a game.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 03:12:34 PM »
Me, I'm a sports gamer.    Right now i'm working on building myself a college basketball dynasty at a power program(preferably Texas of course).   My other most favorite game is NCAA football.   The 07 version is no exception, but they have the wrong guy on the cover.   

It should be:

instead of....

seeing how Vince was clearly the best player in the country last season  8) and should have won the Heisman  >:(
bald for life

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »
who does vince play for now? hahaha

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »
What bowl game is Texas going to be in this year?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »
just so you know the truth david. i will never be a usc fan. i do like the horns. but ofcourse "I BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD" geaux tigers.

Enter your email address: