Author Topic: Psychology of Bald :)  (Read 9710 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Psychology of Bald :)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 11:42:19 PM »
It took me many years to embrace the Sly. 

The "hair replacement" industry has done a great job of convincing a lot of people that they can't be confident, sexy or successful unless they have hair.

They say that actions speak louder than words, but their words have the power of the media behind them, and tend to reach a much larger audience than our actions.  It's too bad we can't do more. 

One person at a time bro!  It's said that we each influence up to 700 people a year.  If we can influence just a couple guys a piece it will quickly spread where the media can't ignore us.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 08:23:36 AM »
I'm withRustyRuss! We are all way different but that's what makes the world!
I think its my age and shaving my head that makes me just relax!

Offline Zeekev

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
It's amazing what these companies will do to make a buck. Bald isn't so bad or there wouldn't be so many guys that are BBC. I think it is a clean look and not because I am biased. When I see a guy who has embraced his hair loss and taken it all off, it shows great confidence and people respond to that.

I saw a sign the other day that said: " 90 % of good looks is good hair". makes me cringe.

KC

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
90% of good looks is good hair - well, maybe that's so for the poor guys who are slaves to their hair.  The advert forgot to mention that people without hair are 100% good looking already! O0 8)

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »

" 90 % of good looks is good hair"

If your Howard Stern.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
...or maybe ANIMAL out of The Muppets?! >:D ;D

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »
Howard Stern isn't good looking even with hair. >:D
Just say no to rugs!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 06:12:40 PM »
Howard Stern isn't good looking even with hair. >:D

hence the 90%

give him 10% for not being massively deformed.

his wig is perfect though...
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline MrBlonde177

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 03:58:26 AM »
Yeah TV can be pretty awful to us baldies.  Saw an infomercial about some hair regrowth "wonder drug" and they had "real women" telling me how they felt about me.  I was ugly, I looked old, I was just generally hideous.  I actually laughed.  It really is pathetic the lengths companies will go to sell their products.  Making me feel bad so I can waste money on their bogus product.  Disgusting world we live in.  :Xo!