Author Topic: HEAD CUT  (Read 3539 times)

Offline gfunk1953

• Learning the way of Sly
HEAD CUT
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
GREETINGS TO ALL SLY BALD GUYZ; FIRST TIME POST- I HAVE BEEN READING THE FORUM FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. I HAVE GOTTEN SOME GREAT SHAVING TIPS FROM THIS FORUM. I AM USING FUSION RAZOR ; HEAD LUBE AND HEAD BLADE SHAVING CREAM.AFETR SEVERAL YEARS OF SHAVING MY HEAD ; MY RAZOR SLIPPED AND I GOT A NICE GASH ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD -I USED PERIOXIDE ; ANY OTHER HINTS - ALSO WHAT TO THINK ABOUT SHAVING THE BACK FROM SIDE TO SIDE ?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: HEAD CUT
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:41:25 PM »
what up g funk? welcome first of all. i shave the back from side to side due to the grain of my hair. any direction to get it smooooooooth.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »
Welcome there gfunk, glad you see ya posting up.  Gotta agree with paulie, shave in which ever way gets it down to the slickest and smoothest.  Each head seems to have a growth pattern of its own, so experiement and see which way gives ya the best shave.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Welcome, Gfunk.  Those gashes and cuts will just happen. Hopefully less and less as you get more experienced.  Just picked up a styptic pencil today.  Need it around for those occasional cuts, mainly to the face.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:04:03 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »
Welcome to the SBG family gfunk1953, like probably a few of the other fellas on this forum, I too shave in all directions, includeing going side to side on the back. And speaking of cutting yourself, I actuslly did that last night just befor going out. I ran out of blades for my HeadBlade and ended up useing mu fusion instead, and thought I could do it as fast and as easily as I could with my HeadBlade. The next thing you know I was bleeding pretty good.

AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:17:20 PM »
Welcome G! As far as shaving goes I have to agree with everyone here it just depends on your head I have to go all different directions when I shave. As far as the cut I don't have a fix there yet I just tough it out and chaulk it up to being new, sorry.

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 01:56:15 PM »
For bleeding, I will wet a piece of paper towel with alcohol or Listerine and lay it on the cut.

Yeah, it hurts, but it seems to heal faster.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »
Can't give you any better advice than what is posted.  I can say this - don't slide the razor sideways.  Accidently did that Sunday morning and put about a 3/4" slice in the back of the dome.  Let's just say I knew it when it happened.  Confirmed the gash when I splashed the Head Clear on it.  Can you say "OUCH"?
 :-X
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »
gfunk.....welcome 2 the sly brotherhood.  glad that ya found us.  sorry about the head cut.  u might want 2 try out an ice cube next time or stypic pencil.  i'm a fusion man, also & so far no cuts yet (knock on wood).  post up often & become an active member.  keep us posted 2 your continued improvement of keeping that dome smoooooth. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »
Gfunk, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  To fix up your cut it's best to use a styptic pencil.  You can usually find them in your local drug store in the shaving section.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 07:39:19 PM »
Welcome to SBG"s Gfunk, sorry to hear you got cut. You have definitely come to the right place for info. Always remember to keep the head of your blade moving down, try not to slide it sideways as you take your strokes. As far as staunching a nick or cut, like Tyler says, a styptic pencil will work best.
So far, knock wood, I haven't had any cuts or bad nicks.