Author Topic: Tip for shine  (Read 6942 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Tip for shine
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 11:43:15 PM »
I've never tried Tea-tree oil for shine. Doubt I ever would because as Tim says, The stench is horrible and very strong. Even diluted with water.

I've tried dozens of types of products to get shine and the best non greasy method that has given me the best results (ie getting compliments) has been cold water splash w/ 2 coats of Headlube glossy.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 08:07:35 AM »
Same here, after my cold water rinse I pat dry with my towel, then let my head air dry as I clean up and put my shaving stuff away.
I apply a nickel size dollop of Headlube glossy for a just right for me shine. Works excellent!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 08:18:30 AM »
When I first used HeadShade, I got more comments on the shine than I did with HeadLube Glossy. So, I can second what PigPen says -- HeadShade gives a "get noticed" shine.

First day I used it, more than one person made a Turtle Wax comment.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 08:51:55 AM »
I use Lubriderm on my head each morning, and it usually appears pretty shiny.  One guy made a comment to me asking if I use Turtle Wax shampoo.    ;D
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 11:39:22 PM »
I use HeadLube by the HeadBlade folks if I really want it shiny.  But I have often had people ask me if I apply wax to my head as I have a natural shine.  So more often than not, I really don't need anything else to make the dome glow!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 09:18:59 AM »
Why is it that people actually think you sit around and wax your head?  That has got to be the lamest comment I hear from people anymore.  One dude even asked if I bought one of those electric shoe shine buffers to get it that shinny.  Make you wanna say ...well do you put miracle grow on your head to grow hair???  Sorry I know this may sound a little sarcastic...but have ever seen a guy actually buff his head?  I havent.  I just use aloe vera gel...and the ice cubes..cant forget the icecubes

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 06:21:40 PM »
  well there is that epsiode of the simpsons where Homer is working in the bowling alley, he puts his head in the buffer and it gets all shiny.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 01:46:20 AM »
  well there is that epsiode of the simpsons where Homer is working in the bowling alley, he puts his head in the buffer and it gets all shiny.

LOL yeah that is a great episode.

I wish I could quit my job and work at a bowling alley >:(

Offline John

• Sly RN
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 05:02:16 AM »
Same here, after my cold water rinse I pat dry with my towel, then let my head air dry as I clean up and put my shaving stuff away.
I apply a nickel size dollop of Headlube glossy for a just right for me shine. Works excellent!

Guys listen up! I use water and a miniscule amount of safflower oil. I just wet my hands with cold water and get a quarter-size film of the safflower oil by sealing the top of the bottle with my palm and tipping up the bottle.  Rub your hands together and then rub it on your head.  The water evaporates and then you just have the shine and the moisturizing benefits of the oil.  It feels great!  If you think it sounds crazy, just look at the first two ingredients on your Headlube Glossy or google the ingredients.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 08:08:18 AM »

Guys listen up! I use water and a miniscule amount of safflower oil. I just wet my hands with cold water and get a quarter-size film of the safflower oil by sealing the top of the bottle with my palm and tipping up the bottle.  Rub your hands together and then rub it on your head.  The water evaporates and then you just have the shine and the moisturizing benefits of the oil.  It feels great!  If you think it sounds crazy, just look at the first two ingredients on your Headlube Glossy or google the ingredients.

That's right, John, I did notice that myself.
I am currently using the Glossy and Matte and they are working great. I also use the Bald Guyz moisture gel, which is also excellent, but doesn't give shine as it gets absorbed quickly and is more water based.
I change up with these three and I'm very happy with them.

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »
Less is more for me, I get my shine from a simple cold water splash following the shave.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 01:54:02 PM »
Be careful with tea-tree-oil! In our medical magazine I found this link. Maybe it's a dose-problem in childhood. Tea tree oil is an ingredient of the HB Lube.

Nenley DV et al.: Prepubertal gynecomastia linked to lavender and tea tree oils. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 479–85, E-Mail: korach@niehs.Nih.Gov

J

Enter your email address: