Author Topic: Greetings!New member  (Read 6634 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Greetings!New member
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »
Thanks again fellas. I shaved again this morning but think i might be overdoing it LOL
The burn from the initial shave on thursday afternoon hasn't gone away and i hate seeing those black folicles on my head.
I want this head to be baby smooth.
Maybe time is whats needed.How long would you fellas say it took before your impressive domes really looked like they do???

Jim

Jim as you read various threads the one thing you will pick up on is that shave routines vary by individual.  I was wondering though if you changed YOUR routine slightly if it would help with the irritation.  Trying using the exfoliant BEFORE shaving to soften the hair and remove dead skin.  Often shower shaving will help as well by keeping the hair good and moist. After the shave use as cold a water rinse as you can stand.  Some of the brothers even use ice cubes.  This closes pores and cuts down on the irritation as well.  Then apply your moisturing gel.     Continue to read the various techniques routines of the other sly guys too, until you find out what works best for you
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 09:53:09 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

BALDANDRE

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »
Welcome Handlebar..

Sh!t, another sly washington guy...and in Vancouver! Just officailly moved here too bro! Hey, maybe I'll spot your gleamingly new bald dome and HUGE stashe when I'm out in the "couv"!

Keep it slick and smooth my bald bro!  O0

BTW, you look WAY better bald...nice move...you look like those old turn of the century weighlifter dudes from the circus...very cool! O0
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:03:56 AM by BALDANDRE »

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
Welcome Handlebar..

Sh!t, another sly washington guy...and in Vancouver! Just officailly moved here too bro! Hey, maybe I'll spot your gleamingly new bald dome and HUGE stashe when I'm out in the "couv"!

Keep it slick and smooth my bald bro!  O0

BTW, you look WAY better bald...nice move...you look like those old turn of the century weighlifter dudes from the circus...very cool! O0

Thanks Baldandre!! I have no doubt we will run into each other.Look forward to it.
And thanks for the compliments!!! I have already had quite a fewsay i look better bald and that really amazed me.
The stache helps too!! 

Jim

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »
Sorry handlebar, I missed your intro too. Welcome to the SBG family, I'm as you probably have already noticed, there are alot of great people here. Glad to have you.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

KALBO

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »
Welcome to the World of the SLY, JD! 8)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 02:19:33 PM »
Hey Handlebar,

From another Sly Washingtonian to another, Welcome!  I am from Seattle, but I do travel occasionally to the Portland area as I have relatives there.  So if anyone is up to a Portland/Vancouver meet up in two weeks....let me know since I will be there for a conference and to visit relatives!

shakf

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum and a gr8 cause and reason to go sly. Anyway glad you and your wife like the look. The tache is gr8. Plenty of bro's here to guide you through slickdom.

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »
Well here is an update i had my wife shoot this morning.The avatar is it.Looks a little better excpet for the "bad moustache" day.Sometimes it just does not want to cooperate.  ;D

I hope that in 2 weeks my head will be better off and look as shiny and splendid as all of yours, gentlemen!!!

Thanks again for the delightful weekend!!

JIm

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
Hello wellcome!

Im still a sly baby, but my advice: Try the HB equipment: no reddening, no burn!

J.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 07:32:23 PM »
Welcome, Handlebar,  this is a great site.  Lots of good info and great guys and gals to hand out with!!! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 03:09:01 AM »
The new avatar looks cool Jim!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 10:21:22 AM »
Thanks Tyler.As the week goes on and my head gets accustomed to this,it will get smoother and shinier.
I'm really looking forward to it.

Jim

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
Welcome, H.B. !

Like the stache, man O0

Offline handlebar

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
Thanks Robmeister!!!!
I like to hear any compliments about the handlebar.Men or women!!!

JD

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:24 AM »
Jim,

I got to say (since you like compliments about it) ;D but I say it with all sincerity ..... that is one really great 'tache you got there. Love it!  Also .... looks really good with the shaved head. The combo is definitely a keeper.
Great way to discover the joys of a shaved dome too  O0 total respect for that!

So, hope you stick around Jim!  O:O
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists