Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624108 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »
paul56:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
Well I just shaved my head for the first time today. I did a lot of research and decided to go with the HB Sport, it started out nice but then I got impatient and used the Mach3 to take care of business. I went against the grain so we'll see what the consequences are in a couple days...
shifty84: welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  so... how do U like your 1st day with a smoooooth noggin'?  U look like a natural.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #527 on: April 23, 2008, 02:16:51 AM »
Well I just shaved my head for the first time today. I did a lot of research and decided to go with the HB Sport, it started out nice but then I got impatient and used the Mach3 to take care of business. I went against the grain so we'll see what the consequences are in a couple days...

It looks great dude!  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #528 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:25 AM »
The Mach 3 is a good one for me. It's cheaper than the Fusion and shaves almost as smoothly.

I've been shaving my head since about 1978. Back then, a Norelco would shave about as well as a blade. My hair texture has changed as natural male pattern baldness set in. Now, electric razors just don't seem to cut it- so to speak.

Paul, welcome to Sly Bald Guys! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #529 on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:40 AM »
Welcome Paul. 

1978, huh?  Man, I bet you have some good tips and advice for us.   O0

Offline Tommo

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Bald , Proud.....and Single.....
« Reply #530 on: April 25, 2008, 02:38:30 PM »
Cant fault gillette ........i use the mach 3 and the fuion with sensitive shaving gel, you cant beat it?
TOMMO........

Offline TheTrucker

• Super Sly
    • Knitting On The Road
« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
I use a HeadBlade. Simple, easy to use, and a more natural hand position.
Mason

Linux: because a pc is a terrible thing to waste.

What do you mean guys don't knit????

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2008, 01:28:09 PM »
HeadBlade Sport with Gillette Sensor Blades on it
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #533 on: June 04, 2008, 02:05:10 PM »
I use the Headblade.  I have used conventional razors and even an electric (big mistake).

:@`
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #534 on: June 04, 2008, 07:33:14 PM »
I use the Headblade.  I have used conventional razors and even an electric (big mistake).

:@`

I love the electric. I believe that the high end foil type not the rotary head electrics are the key. I have a braun 360 and it rocks!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #535 on: June 04, 2008, 07:46:47 PM »
The Mach 3 is a good one for me. It's cheaper than the Fusion and shaves almost as smoothly.
I get an excellent headshave with Mach3 blades. Given the rising cost of living, I see no reason to waste my money on a more expensive blade.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #536 on: June 04, 2008, 09:14:05 PM »
I get an excellent headshave with Mach3 blades. Given the rising cost of living, I see no reason to waste my money on a more expensive blade.
hey bj:  if the mach3 works than stick with it.  i've tried the mach3 several times but the fusion gets me the smoooothest.  U  R  lucky that the mach3 works 4 ya. O0

WARHAWK O0

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #537 on: June 05, 2008, 01:35:01 PM »
I just tried the sensor blades on my HB and I'm not happy I have scraped the hell out of my head. I'm gonna stay with my HB trips for mowing the bulk of it down and my fusion as a trimmer for the spots I can't get with the HB.

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #538 on: June 07, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »
I started off using the electic 3-head razor, but since last week I've been using the mach 3 turbo along with headslick for a slick smooth dome. Takes me 20 minutes for the full shower and shave - without a mirror.... I go by feel.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #539 on: June 11, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »
I started off with the Schick Extreme III. Very good disposable for the first timer since the blades flex and give a good clean shave. I have since "grown up" and moved on to the HeadBlade which I have been using for just over a week and I am completely stunned at the smooth shave I get with it. And it takes 10 minutes less time to shave my head now.

Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Enter your email address: