Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627526 times)

Dadillac

Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #405 on: August 04, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »
I use a Schick Extreme III for my head, and a Mach III Power for my face. Having thje bendable blades of the Schick cuts down on the shaving time greatly.

Don

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »
Hey guys,

I am now just about on my first week of being slick and sly, and I am hooked, as I have said in another post.
I am using the Headblade sport with headslick and so far it's been great.
I also use my Mach III to clean up the sides at the sink when I shave the face.
One problem with the HB is it's tough to get the sides. I guess this is common with alot of other guys from what I've read. I am getting used to the feel of using the HB and each time I get better. It really is a great invention for the headshaver. My suggestion is that you stick with it because it does become more natural once you know how it works and get the feel for it.

I would appreciate any info on what blade gives a similar shave with the HB. It seems there aren't many 3 blade refills that will fit on the HB from what I gather on the forum.
So far I have gotten by with the original blade it came with, but I know I will have to change up pretty soon. Wondering how long I will get good clean shaves from this blade?
Any suggestions?

Joe

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2007, 11:05:29 AM »
Hey Joe, you may want to try to Sensor Excel blades.  They are trips and give me, at least, a real close shave, plus you can use them with the headblade adapter.    I only need the sensor handle then for tough spots like around the ears.  Two razors, but just one blade needed. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #408 on: August 10, 2007, 07:14:35 AM »
Hey Joe, you may want to try to Sensor Excel blades.  They are trips and give me, at least, a real close shave, plus you can use them with the headblade adapter.    I only need the sensor handle then for tough spots like around the ears.  Two razors, but just one blade needed. 

Yeah I do this too Paul, But I use the Fusion a bit more now.

Love the Sensor blades

Offline outsider82

• Sly
« Reply #409 on: August 13, 2007, 07:48:30 AM »
So far headblade classic, touch up spots i use the Mach3. I use King of Shaves for sensitive skin gel.

Out

Offline DarrelB

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #410 on: August 13, 2007, 10:10:26 AM »
Gillette Fusion w/ Gillette shave gel is (so far at least) working out pretty good for me. I may give the Headblade a try at some point just for curiosity's sake, plus I'm a sucker for innovative design.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2007, 09:12:55 PM »
Paul,
Thanks for the info, amazingly I am still getting decent shaves from the original blade that came with the sport. (today was my smoothest yet)

I will try the Sensor Excel. Does the older Sensor double fit on the adaptor also?

Joe

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #412 on: August 14, 2007, 02:36:34 AM »
Joe, don't know whether the double Sensor's fit or not as I only use the trips.    BTW, I get a long life out of the HB blades, too.  And like you find that the later shaves are better than the first.   Anyone else experience this? 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #413 on: August 14, 2007, 07:06:10 AM »
Joe, don't know whether the double Sensor's fit or not as I only use the trips.    BTW, I get a long life out of the HB blades, too.  And like you find that the later shaves are better than the first.   Anyone else experience this? 

Absolutley.

My first shave with the HB blades can sometimes be quite bad and ususally the 3rd-10th shaves are wonderful and glides effortlessly

Offline foulon64

• Sly Jr.
  • If you can't grow it SHAVE IT
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »
I use Shick Extreme 3 disposable in the shower.  Works great curves to the shape of your head

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2007, 12:12:23 AM »
I use Shick Extreme 3 disposable in the shower.  Works great curves to the shape of your head

Foulon64, welcome aboard!  Post up in the intro section so the brothers can give you a proper welcome!

Offline foulon64

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2007, 01:09:49 AM »
Good morning,  tried the Head Blade for the second time.  Had better luck than the first.  Wife liked the results also.

Later  O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2007, 09:32:11 AM »
foulon, if you give the Headblade a good week, you will become more comfortable with it.
Once you get the feel it really does the job as intended. Remember to go slow, and keep the pressure toward the back.
Which blade are you using with it?

Offline foulon64

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2007, 04:01:39 PM »
I'm using The Atra Plus. Is there better blades you can use or is that the best.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2007, 04:19:34 PM »
There are the Gillette Sensor's (double), which will fit on the Headblade with the black adaptor. Some of the bro's use the Sensor 3 (triple) also.

The best thing to do is read the posts in the different categories. Each person prefers a different way to shave. Everyone finds the best blade combo that works for them.
I am currently using the Atra plus blades which are working excellent for me. I also started using the KoS Alpha oil as my main shave lube. So far I have gotten the slickest shaves with it.
Just experiment and see what works best for you.   O0

Joe