Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626730 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2007, 08:58:15 PM »
I think I've tried just about everything in the past 3 months (previous to SLY I was an electric user).  So far the best shaves I got have come from a Fusion and a Schick Quattro Titanium.  Least now I have a drawer full of blades and can change razors with my mood...
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

jusbnme

« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2007, 10:54:47 PM »
I've switched up a lot in the past 6 months or so but I went back to my Mach 3 after trying out the rest and think that's where I'll stay. 

Offline caliwrestla

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2007, 04:19:27 PM »
juz got my head blade sport in and took it for a test drive it sure is sweet cutting my shavin time down alot i shaved against the grain it seem to cut better that way less stuble but yeah i love it :)

Offline tomk773

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2007, 04:36:14 PM »
I won't use anything other than the Schick Xtreme 3..

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
Hey Tom, welcome to the forum.  Post up some in Introductions so we can get to know ya.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2007, 06:37:03 PM »
Hey guys,

I just went out a bought the Headblade Sport and I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how it goes when the deed is done.

I got it at CVS, it also came with a sample of Headslick and an adaptor for the Atra plus, which is a blade I had always used (before Mach 3) .
It's a blade I always favored, so that's a plus too.

I am going to need a lot of help with how to use this gadget but I am psyched to get going!
I will look forward to all your input.

Joe

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #396 on: August 01, 2007, 06:47:25 PM »
Joe one piece of important advice to using the headblade which I'm sure you have heard before but NEVER PUT ANY PRESSURE ON THE BLADE AND MAKE SURE THE BACK WHEELS OR PAD IS ON YOUR SCALP AND KEEP PRESSURE ON THE BACK NOT THE BLADE.

I didnt heed this advice and I was always getting nicks and cuts and razor burn initially and was ready to throw it in the rubbish bin but when I started using it they way it is supposed to be used, I have had no cuts,nicks or burns just an irritation free smooth as glass shave.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #397 on: August 02, 2007, 01:14:35 PM »
I heard Headblade was going to take control of the market of razors.  You will only be able to purchase the Headblade.......What you think about that????

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2007, 02:31:32 AM »
I heard Headblade was going to take control of the market of razors.  You will only be able to purchase the Headblade.......What you think about that????

Tim, while I love headblades dedication to Headshaving,I doubt that could happen unless they find a way to make headblades easier to shave the sides and temple areas.

Plus the Hydra headed Gillete corp is probably going to want to try and buy Headblade.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2007, 07:25:20 AM »
Well it was worth a shot. I thought i would ruffle a few more feathers than that.  LOL

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »
 :D
Tim I wish Headblade could take over the market, Any company that has such a dedication to headshaving will get my business and support.

Tim, Out of curiosity, you are an avid headblader like me. How much is the Headblade products like headshed,slick,lube etc in the stores. And 2nd question is, Do they sell Headblade stuff at Wal Mart?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #401 on: August 03, 2007, 09:58:32 AM »
JDog it seems to be hit and miss with Walmart on the HeadBlade products.   Walgreens definitely carrys items but traditionally just the Blade, Lube, Slick and Sunscreen.  I find it at all Walgreens but just some Walmarts.  Check of their website should provide a listing though
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #402 on: August 03, 2007, 10:05:03 AM »
JDog it seems to be hit and miss with Walmart on the HeadBlade products.   Walgreens definitely carrys items but traditionally just the Blade, Lube, Slick and Sunscreen.  I find it at all Walgreens but just some Walmarts.  Check of their website should provide a listing though

Paul thanks for the info with that. I only ask because I can only get the HB classic razor and atra blades here in AUS, cannot get the headcare products. I have tried ordering off their website but they wont ship it to me and I have to get my dad to get it for me and post it over. He was able to get a tube of Headlube last time but If it is available Walgreens I will tell him to go there and buy 10 of every product to stock up. How do you find the sunscreen and headshed pre wash?

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #403 on: August 03, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
I brown up really fast and seldom burn so I don't use sunscreen.  In place of HeadShed I have been using St.Ives Apricot scrub.  It was recommended here by several of the brothers and I find it does a great job and at a reduced cost.  If you check the threads you should find that we get a price reduction when ordering on line from Headblade for the other stuff, if you wanted to send it to your Dad's place and have him forward it.  Otherwise Walgreens generally has good prices on the stuff

Heres the link for the discount:http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=1288.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:25:18 AM by Paul »

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2007, 09:30:52 AM »
I've never tried a HeadBlade.  I have a friend who has one...doesn't like it.  Now I read from you guys that some of you like it....to each their own.

For me, it's Mach III Turbo, with Gillette Shaving Gel.  I've used this combo for several years, and love it.

I get 3 weeks out of a blade, shaving EVERY day.  Sometimes even longer.  I don't know why you guys only get a couple of shaves out of a blade.  Rarely a nick or cut (knock on wood), and use the same blade for my face.

Enter your email address: