Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624023 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 08:41:07 PM »
Welcome jsthuggy!  Thanks for sharing with us!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline laffinsays

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Shockafella Dot Com
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »
Hey, new to the site and relatively new to shaving my head.  I've tried the Extreme3 disposables (worked great) the Mach 3 (worked better), the HeadBlade (great feel, too many knicks), and the Fusion (close shave, but because the blade head is so big, it does not contour as good as the Mach 3).  So as of now, I am sticking with the Mach 3, but headblade also just came out with a triple blade, so I am waiting for a pack of those to arrive.  I am thinking with the ergonomical feel of the headblade, and the shave quality of three blades, I may have found a winner.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 09:07:55 PM »
laffinsays, welcome to Sly Bald Guys.  Thanks for the summary of your blade experiences.  We look forward to getting to know you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 09:46:51 PM by Tyler »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

gearhedguy

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 10:39:48 PM »
I shave 3X a week, sometimes more often, and one Mach 3 will last me about 1.5 to 2 months.

Offline Gianavel

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 01:28:13 AM »
I actually use a combination of the Headblade and the Gillette Fusion Power.  Headblade works great for the overall head, but I've got a few areas where the hair grows out at odd angles that it's just easier to touch up with the Fusion, especially around the ears.  Yeah, it's a little bulkier than the Mach 3, but the 5 blades leave my scalp smooth like buttah.

I really want to try the new 3 blader from Headblade, too...

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 03:25:41 PM »
I've been shaving my head for almost a year and a half now. I started out using a Mach 3 then I found the HeadBlade. I exfoliate the noggin every other day and then HeadBlade everyday. I still use a Mach 3 for right behind the ears to touch up sometimes. I'll be trying the three blader from HeadBlade in the next month or so. After shaving I use the HeadLube and I'm out the door.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 11:02:01 PM »
I've been shaving my head 10+ yrs now, well the shaving area is (as we all know) progressively getting smaller (which is cool, razors last longer! lol). Anyways, the Gilette Sensor Series is the best IMO. Besides other brands, I've used Sensor, then Excel, now Mach 3. It works so well I don;t think I will switch to the new 4 blade Gilette, unless they make it necessary due to price differential. Thx for the cool forum, and thx for the MySpace add request. The Yeti is home... here.   ;D
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 11:33:45 PM »
 Oh yeah, I was actually considering trying out the HeadBlade sometime. www.headblade.com Anyone a user with personal info? Thx, laffinsays, for your input...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 12:19:30 AM by Yeti »
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline baldvinny

• Baron Of The Bald
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • "Feel My F'n GROOVE!"
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »
i have been a headblader for about 5 years now, and i recommend it to anyone and everyone that listens. it may take a shave or two to get used to, but when you do you will love the results. there are several tips to be aware of:

dont use ANY pressure. the weight of the HB is enough. the angle of the blade is optimized to give you the best shave possible. if you get nicks/cuts, you are using too much pressure

go AGAINST the grain. it'll give you a closer shave and leave you less likely to get razor bumps

try to stay away from gels or shaving cremes. they clog razors and give you a crappy shave. try something water based, that will rinse clean. Kiss My Face is one brand, and of course HeadBlade makes HeadSlick, which is kick ass

remember, that the shaving creme only has ONE job....to lubricate. unless you have hair longer than half inch, it does little else. so be sure to keep your head slick andd wet while shaving

this is my 3rd post on this board, and in each one i have mentioned HeadBlade. I don't officially work there, but i have done lots of marketing and promo for them over the years. i am dedicated to their products, and i'm more than happy to answer any questions (or forward you to someone who can) you guys may have

happy shaving!

BV

Offline Yeti

• Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 09:03:07 AM »

Awesome Vinny, Thx... The Yeti might seek your knowledge, in greater detail, when I get one, as to avoid my huge claws using too much pressure!  hehe
~Yeti
-------------
-------------
-------------

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 09:33:53 AM »
Vinny,
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys and thanks for your posts on the headblade.  I've been waiting for a headblader to join that is interested in writing a product review on it.  It sounds like you're pretty informed about the headblade, so if you're interested, please write a product review in this board http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?board=18.0

Tyler

i have been a headblader for about 5 years now, and i recommend it to anyone and everyone that listens. it may take a shave or two to get used to, but when y...

this is my 3rd post on this board, and in each one i have mentioned HeadBlade. I don't officially work there, but i have done lots of marketing and promo for them over the years. i am dedicated to their products, and i'm more than happy to answer any questions (or forward you to someone who can) you guys may have

Offline JuzCawz

• My Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 10:02:50 AM »
If I'm in a hurry, I use the headblade, gets the job done quickly, but if time permits, I use the fusion. gets closer than the headblade. For that glistening shine that'll blind the public, I use an exfoliator made by headblade right after I shave....the smoothest way to go.

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 10:40:59 AM »
Hello,
I have shaving with a Fusion and I like it alot. However the blades are too expensive so I switched back to the Mach 3. I will use the Fusion for special occasions. I don't have any male pattern baldness (except maybe a liitle at the temples)and my hair is thick. Blades get dull real fast on me. one cartridge might last a few days depending on on if I want to shave everyday. I wash the scalp with dandruff shampoo before I shave(a clean scalp is important) and let warm water soften the stubble. I let the shave gel sit for a minute before I start shaving. That gets me a good smooth shave with a minimum of repeat shaving strokes. It also minimizes irritation.

Offline Pyronius

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 03:05:45 PM »
I used the headblade for a while until the fusion came out. Really overall I prefer just to go fusion all the way, the headblade is a little nicer for the blatently rounder spots of your head, but if your not careful in spots that are evened out (lower back of the head where your neck starts) you can do some damage.

Anymore I just stick with a Vibrating fusion....it does everything really well, and if you do cut yourself with it, you get that cool 5 line cut that looks almost inentional!.

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 04:14:41 PM »
  I just tried the new triple blade for the headblade.... oddly enough it was not as close at the generic atra blades I had been using... weird....and changing the blade is kind of a hassle...you have to use these weird tweezers they give you....I wasn't that thrilled with the 3 blade.  I do love the headblade in general though.

Enter your email address: