Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623885 times)

jusbnme

Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
hello froze, try a shaving bruche and soap its awesome, much better than all that other stuff

What do you mean by soap?  Can you explain more?  Thanks.

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »
Okay, so I'm new on here and not yet SLY, but did buy a HB recently.  I usually use a Quattro or Mach 3 on the face, but I have a coarse beard and am trying to decide what would be best for my dome.

Before you go sly, you will need to buzz it down with clippers (no guard) or have a barber do it...that is what I did.
I started shaving with the Mach 3 as I was used to it for my face and felt comfortable with it. Switched to Head Blade after about a week and use it exclusively now. Shave seems much smoother and closer, and also faster. There is a little bit of learning curve....look at some of the posts about head blade for some advice. Also,  they have a good website and video instruction which you should look at first.
Good luck. Once you go sly , you will wonder why you waited so long.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:40 PM »
hello froze, try a shaving bruche and soap its awesome, much better than all that other stuff

There are shaving soaps that are like shaving cream that you can use. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2007, 06:33:12 AM »

There are shaving soaps that are like shaving cream that you can use. 

Cool...Thanks.

Offline NiQ41

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
Hi!

Am a new member to this site and can Isay - At last a site for us shavers!!!!!

I use the 'Headblade Original'!!

First I apply the'Headblade Scrub' - then take a shower, then put a few drops of oil on the head and then lather up with the'Headbalde Headslick' and then shave away!!!

I do this 3 times to give me a real smooth feel and then finish off with cold water to close the pores, before moisturising with the'Headblade Matt Moisturiser' et voila!!! :*))
Nick :o)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
Welcome NiQ41 - And heck yeah - Headblade rules!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
Welcome to SBG's Nick...glad you found the best site on the net for head shavers!  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »
I use the Gillette Fusion 5-Blade.

jusbnme

« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2007, 07:36:28 AM »
From some reviews, mainly from Schro, I gave the Schick Extreme a try a little over a week ago.  That thing rocks.  It really gives a comfortable, close shave.  The really good thing about it is it really does cut down on shaving time as many people have stated.  By the blades bending and forming to your dome it covers more area than the HB or Mach 3.  The other awesome thing is the blades last a real long time.  I use the non-disposable Schick with replaceable cartridges called "Sub Zero."  I've been using the same blade that came with the razor a little over a week ago.  That's shaving my dome and face everyday.  I also have to give the price a big thumbs up as well.   O0  It cheaper than Mach 3 cartridges.  Cheaper, longer lasting blades, comfortable shave...Can't beat that.   

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »
I've tried all the razors over the decades and for me, the best razor that gets me the absolutely slickest is the Schick Extreme.  The blades flex laterally and I think that's the ticket for a slick smooth skinhead. They are reasonably priced(and of course, I buy in quantity...) and last a long time.

For shave creme, that Headslick is the best for me.  It works great and has become my standard. I've never tried the Headblade I guess because I feel it is a novelty and with the Schick, I don't have to switch razors to shave my face.

I also use a plain old inexpensive nylon bath brush to scrub my face and head and it works great to get the stubble standing up tight.  Shaving in the shower is also way to go.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2007, 05:20:29 PM »
The blades flex laterally and I think that's the ticket for a slick smooth skinhead.

I think this is the key to getting the slickest dome.  That's why the Sensor Excel and Atra blades work best for me on the HeadBlade.  I haven't tried the Schick Extreme.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2007, 05:22:36 PM »
The blades flex laterally and I think that's the ticket for a slick smooth skinhead.

I think this is the key to getting the slickest dome.  That's why the Sensor Excel and Atra blades work best for me on the HeadBlade.  I haven't tried the Schick Extreme.

Yeah, the Schick is what I use now but I use the non-disposable one which is called Schick Sub Zero.  But I have tried the disposables and they work just as well which is why I'm thinking of switching up to them because of a little money saving. 

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »
I've tried them all, headblade included.  I always end up going back to the Schick Extreme3.  I'll stick with Headlube, love that stuff, doesn't take much at all.  A couple of weeks ago I picked up some Headlube Matte at Walgreens, that stuff rocks.  Works like lotion but knocks down the shine for the times when you don't want it.  Haven't tried the Headlube shine since I seem to have plenty of that naturally.

jusbnme

« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
I've tried them all, headblade included.  I always end up going back to the Schick Extreme3.  I'll stick with Headlube, love that stuff, doesn't take much at all.  A couple of weeks ago I picked up some Headlube Matte at Walgreens, that stuff rocks.  Works like lotion but knocks down the shine for the times when you don't want it.  Haven't tried the Headlube shine since I seem to have plenty of that naturally.

Welcome to the fam. 

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Welcome BuzzKC!

Enter your email address: