Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623990 times)

Offline ericj

• Learning the way of Sly
    • ejacksonphoto
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #285 on: May 04, 2007, 11:27:16 AM »
Well I shaved my head for the first time one week ago, and I used the razor I normally shave with (Fusion), it was a free sample I got in the mail.  ;D It did the trick, then my wife was at CVS a couple of day later and found the head blade and some glossy head lube (in clearance for 75 cents), and bought it for me. I have used the HB 2 times so far and I really like it.

The first time I used it, I had a few nicks and some irritation (red spots), then I went to their web site and watched HeadBlade 101 and used their techniques and that made all the difference in the world!  O0 No more nicks and less irritation! I do have a sensitive head  ;), so I tried going with the grain first then went back over it again against the grain, that seemed to help for me.

I just ordered the new triple blades from them along with HeadSlick, HeadShed and HeadShade. Going HB all the way baby  :*))
"Some mornings, it hardly seems worth it to gnaw through the leather straps"

BALDANDRE

« Reply #286 on: May 04, 2007, 11:40:02 AM »
Lookin' very sly EricJ...

I just went the Mr. Clean/ no goat route...but man, I bow down to beauty of the goat you're sportin'...

sweet!

Welcome, my newly balded, sly brutha!  O0

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:49 PM »
Welcome EricJ...

Yo, Ty: Great opportunity for a shoutout, you might want to see if you can't arrange a deal with HeadBlade, we give them testimonials, & they give us a plug for slybaldguys.
I mean, a good majority of us already use their products [some religiously]; what better people to ask for a testimonial than the SlyBaldGuys?
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #288 on: May 04, 2007, 12:18:33 PM »
Eric, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Congrats on your new look and the great discount on the HeadBlade gear.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #289 on: May 04, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
Welcome EricJ...

Yo, Ty: Great opportunity for a shoutout, you might want to see if you can't arrange a deal with HeadBlade, we give them testimonials, & they give us a plug for slybaldguys.
I mean, a good majority of us already use their products [some religiously]; what better people to ask for a testimonial than the SlyBaldGuys?

Already working on it bro!  Cool things to come soon.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jp_bald

« Reply #290 on: May 04, 2007, 02:53:39 PM »
I shave my head every 4 days with one schick extreme3
works well in my although
 I want to prove others razors, really I want to prove headblade but in Colombia  is not sold
ok guys geetings fom Colombia  8)

jusbnme

« Reply #291 on: May 07, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »
Well I shaved my head for the first time one week ago, and I used the razor I normally shave with (Fusion), it was a free sample I got in the mail.  ;D It did the trick, then my wife was at CVS a couple of day later and found the head blade and some glossy head lube (in clearance for 75 cents), and bought it for me. I have used the HB 2 times so far and I really like it.

The first time I used it, I had a few nicks and some irritation (red spots), then I went to their web site and watched HeadBlade 101 and used their techniques and that made all the difference in the world!  O0 No more nicks and less irritation! I do have a sensitive head  ;), so I tried going with the grain first then went back over it again against the grain, that seemed to help for me.

I just ordered the new triple blades from them along with HeadSlick, HeadShed and HeadShade. Going HB all the way baby  :*))

Welcome EricJ and congrats on the new look.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2007, 03:11:46 PM »
Looks sly EricJ
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline mikesj

• Sly
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »
[ then my wife was at CVS a couple of day later and found the head blade and some glossy head lube (in clearance for 75 cents), and bought it for me. I have used the HB 2 times so far and I really like it.

[/quote]

Welcome Ericj, looks great. Great deal on the Head Lube glossy, you should go back and buy out the clearance bin.
I am an avid Headblader and use all of their products.  In case you didn't know, there is a discount  on  their products purchased from their website....go to the members board for info

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:22:50 PM by mikesj »

tsshaver1

« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
Head Blade sport  Here

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #295 on: May 18, 2007, 12:41:38 AM »
Okay, so I'm new on here and not yet SLY, but did buy a HB recently.  I usually use a Quattro or Mach 3 on the face, but I have a coarse beard and am trying to decide what would be best for my dome.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2007, 06:52:46 AM »
HeadBlade all the way baby.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #297 on: May 18, 2007, 07:26:28 AM »
Okay, so I'm new on here and not yet SLY, but did buy a HB recently.  I usually use a Quattro or Mach 3 on the face, but I have a coarse beard and am trying to decide what would be best for my dome.

Definitely HeadBlade, but Mach 3 for around the ears and tight spots
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #298 on: May 18, 2007, 07:31:06 AM »
Cut it all off KySly!!  You will never regret doing it!!!
I have tried Mach 3, Headblade , and Fusion. Right now the Fusion is working
for me, plus its the one with the vibration in it! It took me about 12 min at first but once
you get a routine down its no problem!
It takes me less than 5 minutes to shave my head now!
Will have to try the Headlube. Does it do a better job than the gel?
I am using the Fusion gel
 O0

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2007, 07:43:17 AM »
hello froze, try a shaving bruche and soap its awesome, much better than all that other stuff
Nothing better than one sharp blade