Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627431 times)

Offline Qbald

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1005 on: January 02, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
Hello all, new here. So i dont know if this is conventional but this what i have been doing. I get the Sensor 3 disposables, i gut it and use the blades with the headblade.  Its so much cheaper than getting the sensor 3 refill cartridges. I usually get a 4 pack for $6 and that can last about 3 months shaving head 2-3 times a week.

Offline Highguage

• We're all born bald
  • Sly Jr.
  • Love it smooth
« Reply #1006 on: January 08, 2012, 03:25:08 PM »
Head blade with Gillette sensor excel blades.
Bald is the new black!

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #1007 on: January 15, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
conair cleanhead

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #1008 on: January 30, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
Thus far: the Gillette New Type. It's a vintage safety razor. One thing headshaving brought back has been my love of vintage razors. Time to hit up eBay...
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #1009 on: January 31, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »
well I'm shaving my dome every  other day using mach3... so far that's the best here in my place... We don't have headblades and the likes here... I just glide mach3 very gently and lightly over my head against the grain 2x and apply moistorizing lotion after.  i never experience razor burn and razor bumps. O0

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1010 on: February 01, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
Gillette sensor 3 is a good quality disposable razor. I have sensitive skin and they never give me any trouble. They come in packs of 4.

Offline srmd22

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1011 on: February 05, 2012, 07:20:54 PM »
Greetings, this'll be my first post. I just started shaving my head a couple of weeks ago. I have tried a couple of different approaches over the course of about 5 shaves, with a few clipper buzzcuts in between.

First time was with a fusion, at the sink, after a traditional prep with one of a drawer full of shaving soaps and creams. Think I used prorasa pre-post and then prorasa soap with a badger silver tip brush. Worked great.

Next few times were with DE blades (EJ89 and Merker Futur) using Feather and Lord blades. Liked this better, and got a closer shave, as I used several passes, lathering before each pass.

Today I shaved in the shower, used an older Fusion (first time was the newer proglide). Didn't bother with the brush, as the hot shower and steam takes care of the prep, just used a bunch of Edge gel. Got the best shave so far, really BBS, as they say (at least they do at Badger & Blade, do we say that here?).

Doubt I'll bother with the headblade, as the old fashioned DE and less old fashioned Fusion is working great for me. I actually forgot to turn on the vibrating part, because I have gotten so used to the DE's that I forgot I had it. Howeve, when I shave my face, I find the vibrations give me a far more comfortable and less irritating experience (contrary to many others', I know), so hopefully I will remember to hit the button next tme I do the noggin.

Post shave I throw some witch hazel and non-alcolol containg shave balm (pre-post prorasa, Art of Shaving, Nancy Boy... got a drawer full). Probably will try all the headblade products, headshed, headslick, as I am a sucker for that stuff).

Offline ProphetNoir

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1012 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
Greetings,

I just posted my intro and in it I said that I currently use the Bump Fighter razor and cartridges on my head.  I like the handle a lot because it has some heft to it and a great non-slip rubber coating.  I understand that it will also accept twin blade cartridges such as Atra. 
I am pretty well satisfied with the results I get, but if I ever feel the need to get even closer I will go as far as two blades, although I doubt seriously that I will ever try a triple bladed cartridge.

Offline LAGLE

• Proud To Be Bald By Choice (BBC)
  • Sly
  • Hooah
    • Army Blog
« Reply #1013 on: February 10, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »
HeadBlade Sport

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #1014 on: March 07, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
Gillette  mainly  the multi blade ones with a battery inem  , Mach 3 is OK  , never got on with  head blade ,

Offline ZerroDefex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1015 on: March 17, 2012, 10:47:49 AM »
I use a Gillette Fusion Power on my head and face. I just buy the regular non-power cartridges, not paying $4 or so extra when really it's the same damn set of blades and both razors use the same adapter.

The vibration benefits my face more than my scalp, but it does add a bit of extra feedback in telling me where the blade is at any given time.

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:07 AM »
First time was with a fusion, at the sink, after a traditional prep with one of a drawer full of shaving soaps and creams. Think I used prorasa pre-post and then prorasa soap with a badger silver tip brush. Worked great.

Today I shaved in the shower, used an older Fusion (first time was the newer proglide). Didn't bother with the brush, as the hot shower and steam takes care of the prep, just used a bunch of Edge gel. Got the best shave so far, really BBS, as they say (at least they do at Badger & Blade, do we say that here?).

I'm with you on this.  I use the old style Fusion with Edge gel for a first pass and then make a second pass with HeadSlick.
TheBBQGuy

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
« Reply #1017 on: April 01, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
Well when I go BBC in the summer during summer vacation I use the "Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power" I also use it when I shave my customer's heads! They say they love it because of the amazing vibration that comes from it!
-Derris The Barber

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #1018 on: April 04, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »
Shave everyday... Headslick w/HB Sport using Gillette Sensor Excel. O0

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #1019 on: April 05, 2012, 02:32:49 AM »
Guys do you think the power bit on the fusion works in helping shaving im not convinced