Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623826 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #930 on: June 03, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »
HeadBlade Sport for me. This razor is NOT a gimmick............ it's just not for the uncoordinated!  ;D ;)

I agree Mike, he may be heavy handed. Some guys just can't get the hang of it.
I use the Classic as well, and have never had a problem. This razor is far from a gimmick.

Offline BriansSlyIn(716)

• Sly Jr.
  • 5 years and still Sly !!!!
« Reply #931 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:41 AM »
I use Mach 3 And BaldGuyz clear shave gel Which is great, but I do intend to try Headblade soon :)......

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #932 on: June 05, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
I use the fusion but must try the headblade
GI

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #933 on: June 06, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »
Definitely get yourself a HeadBlade guys. I recommend you take your time with it, so you can get used to how it works. Follow the instructions and you'll never have a problem.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #934 on: June 08, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »
Ive tried a bunch of razors, mach3, mach5, headblade(worst by a large margin), Shick extreme 3(good value, but i still got some irritation), and I think my favorite by far is the Gillete fusion proglide. Its a bit pricy but it gives me the closest smoothest most comfortable shave
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline intex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #935 on: June 11, 2011, 09:54:36 AM »
After reading a number of posts here I ordered the Magnum M5 razor.  Used it this morning - I do like it likely more than the Gillette Proglide Power that I have been using.  Will stick with the new one now.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #936 on: June 11, 2011, 11:52:02 AM »
After reading a number of posts here I ordered the Magnum M5 razor.  Used it this morning - I do like it likely more than the Gillette Proglide Power that I have been using.  Will stick with the new one now.

Very nice!  The lower cost of blades is a nice added benefit as well!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #937 on: June 11, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »
I just picked up a five blade refill cartridge pack at CVS, it's basically the same razor as the M5 but under a different name brand. I get home and I'm ready to shave the dome when I realize I don't have my M5 handle anymore. Dropped it on the tile floor in the bathroom, it broke and I never replaced it. I'll have to pick up another.

Offline Titus13

• Bald guy in New York
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #938 on: June 15, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
The Headblade
GI

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #939 on: June 15, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
Schick Hydro 5

No contest.  h3ry3

That and Bald Guyz Shave Gel & After shave gel too.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #940 on: June 26, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »

Offline Daven

• Super Sly
« Reply #941 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:15 PM »
Isn't it great that they make SO many blades for us to try out?

My first shave was with my Fusion, which I have used for years on my face, **NEVER shave your head for the first time with a dull face blade** best advice I can give.

Two days later went out and got a Headblade to try out. Cut myself up but good, I'm sure it's a great blade, but I have Multiple Sclerosis and have certain fingers that are numb, and bad hand control, so it didn't work for me, (now I wish I could figure out what to do with a brand new bunch of blades and a twice used razor).

As my neighbor suggested the Schick Hydro 5 and I shaved with that tonight (first time shaving in a week after needing to give time for some cuts to heal) and WOW WOW WOW, closest shave I've EVER had, face or head or anything. It's GREAT. I will be using this from now on.

SO anyone in Phoenix need headblade razor or blades let me know.  I'm keeping the slick and lube.
AKA Gimpy

Offline IK

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #942 on: July 03, 2011, 02:39:50 AM »
I'm using a Gillette Fusion ProGlide. I actually think it may be better than my old Fusion, and not just marketing gimmick!

Before that, I was using a Fusion, obviously. No problems at all, except self-caused!

Offline fielder

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #943 on: July 03, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
Go guys I'm newly bald and I use the gillette fusion that vibrates it works great and I use the fusion shaving gel aswell. Since I'm in the states for the summer(j1 visa I'm only 21 be nice haha) I'm going to try the headblade what's the best and cheapest place to get the products and what's good to clean and chrome the dome, regards David.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #944 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
I've been using a Gillette Fusion. It's a great razor but the blades keep getting more expensive as a 4 pack is about $15 now @ Walmart. I purchased a Schick Hydro 5 & was surprised how close & smooth a shave it provided & a 4 pack of blades is $10. 