Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626840 times)

Offline karmacopper

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #915 on: April 12, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
use merkur futur, fantastically close safety razor, blades only cost couple cents  8)

Offline Jimlog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #916 on: April 13, 2011, 11:33:22 PM »
Gillette Fusion all the way. Find the Headblade is difficult to use and end up cutting myself to bits. Maybe I'm using too much pressure on it or something...

Offline foreversmooth

• Close shave
  • Sly Jr.
  • Bald and browless
« Reply #917 on: May 18, 2011, 01:30:02 PM »
Gillette Mach 3 works well. A bit expensive but a get a few shaves with one blade so it's worth it.
Foreversmooth

Offline BrianBradford

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #918 on: May 26, 2011, 07:43:56 AM »
Bic Comfort 3 disposable.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #919 on: May 26, 2011, 02:00:39 PM »

Iuse the Gillette Mach 3 and also ssometimes the gillette fusion. They both work great.

I have tried the headblade but the other 2 work better for me.

Offline TeenSlyGuy

• Feeling so sly like a bald guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #920 on: June 01, 2011, 11:55:47 AM »
Gillete ProGlide Powered, it literally GLIDES

Offline intex

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #921 on: June 01, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
Gillete ProGlide Powered, it literally GLIDES

That is what I use.  Change cartridge once a week - Sunday morning.  Get these at Costco.

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #922 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:39 PM »
I've always used the Mach 3 Turbo and have great results. I tried the headblade and will NEVER resort back to that deadly weapon again lol. i had a BAD accident involving it.

Offline IRONHORSE

• The Sly Ogre
  • Super Sly
« Reply #923 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
I don't feel so bad after reading Jimlog and Ghost1988's replies. I used a Headblade once, and the aftermath was NOT pretty. I looked like I shoulda been in a horror movie. I thought I was alone in this.

Offline SlyCanuck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #924 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »
I use a Mach 3.  It is fairly cheap and quite effective.  I tried the new "blue" Fusion.  I love it, but damn, is it expensive.  I wasted my money on a Headblade.  I'd rather shave with an axe than that abomination!
Help a bald brother out.  We are entered in a contest to win $5000 based on votes for our video.  If you have a facebook account, click on the link and please vote! http://teammysask411.com/winbig-vote/view/user/colleen

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #925 on: June 02, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
The first time I used a Headblade I SHREDDED my scalp and swore I'd never touch one again.  Then my son-in-law told me about the Sport.  I tried it.  The Sport worked for me where the "classic" hadn't been manageable at all.

Granted, I'll admit that I'm "sold" by the logo and think it's just a cool a$$ design, but once I got the hang of it, it shaves me closer than any other razor's been able to.  And I'd honestly say I've tried most of the major brands.  And as long as I put NO pressure on the blade...it doesn't bite.
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline SlapHeadUK

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #926 on: June 02, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »
I use a headblade sport razor, first time I did take a healthy chunk outta my head but taught myself to use long sweeps and apply no pressure.

Now takes me about 2 minutes to shave my whole scalp, against and with the grain.

I would urge you to try the headblade again, it's amazing! I think if I was using a standard razor I would have given up by now.

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #927 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:58 PM »
I'm a headblade sport guy.  It took me forever to get used to it after almost 14 years of using a stick razor, but now that I'm comfortable with it, there's no turning back.  I actually tried two separate shaves using a Schick Hydro 5 and Gillette Fusion Power and it was nowhere near as comfortable or easy as the headblade.  Plus, the shave is much closer and long lasting for me as well.

You definitely have to find a blade you're comfortable using with the sport.  For me, that's either a Sensor Excel or Sensor 3 both by Gillette.  Also, like has been previously stated, apply no pressure toward the front, only toward the back.  Long, even strokes and you're good to go.  I was never able to shave everyday prior to using the headblade, but now I'm able to.  I can't recommend it enough.

Whatever you use, it's the end result that matters.  Happy shaving.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #928 on: June 03, 2011, 04:18:50 AM »
I'm a headblade sport guy.  It took me forever to get used to it after almost 14 years of using a stick razor, but now that I'm comfortable with it, there's no turning back.  I actually tried two separate shaves using a Schick Hydro 5 and Gillette Fusion Power and it was nowhere near as comfortable or easy as the headblade.  Plus, the shave is much closer and long lasting for me as well.

You definitely have to find a blade you're comfortable using with the sport.  For me, that's either a Sensor Excel or Sensor 3 both by Gillette.  Also, like has been previously stated, apply no pressure toward the front, only toward the back.  Long, even strokes and you're good to go.  I was never able to shave everyday prior to using the headblade, but now I'm able to.  I can't recommend it enough.

Whatever you use, it's the end result that matters.  Happy shaving.

to each his own, I think the headblade is the worst razor i've ever used, gimmicky and unnecessary imo
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #929 on: June 03, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »
HeadBlade Sport for me. This razor is NOT a gimmick............ it's just not for the uncoordinated!  ;D ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields