Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624024 times)

Offline junglephone

• Drummer / Producer / Composer
  • Sly Jr.
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #870 on: October 25, 2010, 05:54:07 AM »
At the moment, I've put the HB sport aside and am using the Schick Hydro 5 with the Hydro SS gel. They work really well and I'm not cutting myself. I also think I might be allergic to HeadSlick. My skin started clearing up after I stopped using it. I really like the HB stuff in theory but it doesn't seem to agree with me. Oh well, we all react differently I guess.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #871 on: October 25, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »
At the moment, I've put the HB sport aside and am using the Schick Hydro 5 with the Hydro SS gel. They work really well and I'm not cutting myself. I also think I might be allergic to HeadSlick. My skin started clearing up after I stopped using it. I really like the HB stuff in theory but it doesn't seem to agree with me. Oh well, we all react differently I guess.

Not a bad Idea to switch different shaving products during the week.This way if your allergic to a substance it may not bother you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:26:12 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #872 on: October 31, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »
I need to try some of these.  They look familiar 8)

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #873 on: November 13, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »
headblade sport is my weapon of choice with sensor trips, could not live without it. shave the head every dayand this tool gives the best shave ever. :@`

BaldBradley

« Reply #874 on: November 13, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »
I just bought a Headblade Sport yesterday after debating getting one for a few couple weeks. I had about a 15 day fro going on so I trimmed/preshaved a bit before busting out the HB. It took  a little while to get used to it, but I think I finally got the hang of it. The result was pretty good :)

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #875 on: November 19, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »
I've been using Mach 3 razors since the day I started shaving my head. I usually go for a 14 pack of disposables @ Costco. I've only nicked myself a few times in 3 years (usually due to my own carelessness), and never have any irritation.

I've never tried the Headblade. It just looks so gimmicky and I've heard plenty of horror stories, although I'm sure most of which are due to using it incorrectly... Maybe one day I'll try it out when I'm feeling lucky.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline YohaiM

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #876 on: November 19, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »
I've been using Mach 3 razors since the day I started shaving my head. I usually go for a 14 pack of disposables @ Costco. I've only nicked myself a few times in 3 years (usually due to my own carelessness), and never have any irritation.

I've never tried the Headblade. It just looks so gimmicky and I've heard plenty of horror stories, although I'm sure most of which are due to using it incorrectly... Maybe one day I'll try it out when I'm feeling lucky.

Have been using the Mach3 for five years now,and lately shifted to the HeadBlade.
It takes me a little bit longer to shave with the HeadBlade,but the shave is closer,just because I've always shaved with the grain,and wasn't aware of that.
Bottom line:
You can shave with whatever you want,as long as you get the perfect shave.
Peace,
Yohai.
If you can't beat them,Shave them.....

Offline Baldman

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald and Chargin!
« Reply #877 on: November 20, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »
I use the Gillette Proglide, I tried the Schick Quattro last night... I have never cut myself so much. It was a disaster, I do not know if I shaved to fast because I am used to my amazing Gillette blade, but wow it did not feel good. I do not think I am going to try it again, the Gillette blade is obviously a lot better.
-Live Bald and Prosper

ycartt

« Reply #878 on: November 27, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »
I liked the Personna Magnum (I believe that's what they were called) 5 blade.  They were the cheapest I could find at Walmart.  However, I can't find them there any more.  So I get the CVS brand of the same thing.  The 5 blade comes in a 4 pack for about $8 which is less than all the Mach III and Fusion blades.  Works well and I get about 5 shaves a week out of one blade.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #879 on: December 17, 2010, 09:12:41 AM »
I pretty much gave up on my headblade (both regular and sport),  but not because they're not good, it's just that my particular noggin has too many bumps, ridges, and worst of all- transplant scars, which create a very uneven, irregular surface that the headblade just isn't suited for.
For the average joe, I'm sure a headblade rocks.
For now, I'm using a Hydro3  w/ Headslick and I'm happy with it.  Close shave, no nicks. And with my skull, that's saying something.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #880 on: December 17, 2010, 09:31:09 AM »
I liked the Personna Magnum (I believe that's what they were called) 5 blade.  They were the cheapest I could find at Walmart.  However, I can't find them there any more.  So I get the CVS brand of the same thing.  The 5 blade comes in a 4 pack for about $8 which is less than all the Mach III and Fusion blades.  Works well and I get about 5 shaves a week out of one blade.

I don't think they make them anymore.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #881 on: December 17, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
I pretty much gave up on my headblade (both regular and sport),  but not because they're not good, it's just that my particular noggin has too many bumps, ridges, and worst of all- transplant scars, which create a very uneven, irregular surface that the headblade just isn't suited for.
For the average joe, I'm sure a headblade rocks.
For now, I'm using a Hydro3  w/ Headslick and I'm happy with it.  Close shave, no nicks. And with my skull, that's saying something.

I can't use the razor either but I do use a lot of their other products.

Offline sgordon

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #882 on: December 17, 2010, 12:28:18 PM »
I use Gillette Sensor with King of shave sensitive shaving gel... at the moment. I am still seeking alternatives.
Thanks
Shaun Gordon

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #883 on: December 22, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
Used my good old Mach III today. It's been a while since I've used it and I had forgotten how good it works.
Great smooth shave, nice and easy. I still feel the top razors are the HB and the Mach.   O0

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #884 on: December 22, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »
I'm pretty distraught about the discontinuation of Personna's M5 blade.  It did have some downsides compared to the Fusion imo, but you really couldn't beat that value. 

I felt like a sucker today when I dropped $14 on 4 frickin Fusion cartridges  :-\
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Enter your email address: