Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623841 times)

Offline Sans Pelo

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #795 on: May 25, 2010, 07:58:07 PM »
I was using the mach 3 for a while. I like the blades with the single blade on the other end because its good on those tricky spots right behind the ear. I recently switched to the schick hydro 5 with the hydro sensitive gel, and it was great. Probably my favorite razor so far.

Offline tomahawk275

« Reply #796 on: May 28, 2010, 06:36:00 AM »
DE Merkur razor - the best! O0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #797 on: May 28, 2010, 07:19:46 AM »

Which one?  I use a Gillette Goodwill on my face, but haven't had the guts to try it on my head. :-\

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #798 on: May 28, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »

Which one?  I use a Gillette Goodwill on my face, but haven't had the guts to try it on my head. :-\

G, it's really not that bad at all- light pressure and watch any little bumps you may have. I've used my Merkur Slant a time or two but will admit that a cartridge razor is much faster and more forgiving.

Tomahawk- good to see another TOBS and Merkur fan on the board! We're pretty rare.  ;D
- Eric W-

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #799 on: May 31, 2010, 10:26:56 PM »
I bought a Fusion only becasue Walgreens was out of the Schick Xtreme3.  The Fusion tugs, pulls, takes a lot longer and a lot more passes.  If Schick quits making the Xtreme3 I may have to go back to a tight buzz instead of sly.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #800 on: June 01, 2010, 12:23:06 AM »
If Schick quits making the Xtreme3 I may have to go back to a tight buzz instead of sly.

Have you tried the new Schick Hydro 3 yet?

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #801 on: June 01, 2010, 11:18:10 AM »
Your exclusive Gillette® Fusion® ProGlide™ razor should be in your hands in about 8 to 9 business days. Enjoy it before it even hits the stores! And remember to come back after you've tried it and tell us, and the world, if our new razor beats your old one. Then recommend friends to get their own FREE* Gillette® Fusion®  ProGlide™. Enjoy O0

http://www.proglidechallenge.com/en-us/Registration/Logon.aspx/WmthMjZvRW9mTkE9

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #802 on: June 01, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Your exclusive Gillette® Fusion® ProGlide™ razor should be in your hands in about 8 to 9 business days. Enjoy it before it even hits the stores! And remember to come back after you've tried it and tell us, and the world, if our new razor beats your old one. Then recommend friends to get their own FREE* Gillette® Fusion®  ProGlide™. Enjoy O0

http://www.proglidechallenge.com/en-us/Registration/Logon.aspx/WmthMjZvRW9mTkE9
i want a free razor!
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #803 on: June 01, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
Click the link!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #804 on: June 01, 2010, 02:27:01 PM »
Click the link!
its saying I need a valid pin still when I try to do it .. im dumb
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #805 on: June 01, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »
Probably not you.  I got the link off of their facebook page.

Offline BigMike

« Reply #806 on: June 02, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »
Newb poster here.. long time lurker though.. found a ton of useful information this site.. Ive gone sly for the second time recently, and previously used the fusion power and loved it.. however i got the shick hydro 5 on sale today and tried it for the first time.. WOW gilette better bank on the fusion proglide being the answer to the hydro because it is by far the best shave ive ever gotten... glad i decided to try it $6 bucks on sale at my local drugstore and it has 2 cartridges

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #807 on: June 04, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
Newb poster here.. long time lurker though.. found a ton of useful information this site.. Ive gone sly for the second time recently, and previously used the fusion power and loved it.. however i got the shick hydro 5 on sale today and tried it for the first time.. WOW gilette better bank on the fusion proglide being the answer to the hydro because it is by far the best shave ive ever gotten... glad i decided to try it $6 bucks on sale at my local drugstore and it has 2 cartridges
hey b-mike:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #808 on: June 08, 2010, 08:15:16 PM »
I got my ProGlide in the mail today and I just have to say.........WOW that really sucked! :o  I had to go over my head about 5 times for a decent shave.  I thought the Fusion was bad.  This thing takes the cake.  Don't waste your money.  I'm glad I didn't. >:( >:( >:(

Offline suckerv

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #809 on: June 09, 2010, 07:37:02 PM »
I just bought the new Fusion Pro Glide razor, and I am being completely honest when I say that it is the smoothest, closest shave I have ever experienced with the least amount of irritation.  And this is coming from a guy who's used the Mach III, Fusion, Headblade, Rolling Razor, electric razors, etc.  I think I finally found a winner!  O0