Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623993 times)

Offline Father Pat

• Sly Jr.
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #780 on: March 21, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »
For me, the HeadBlade sport is great.  Good shave, works well on the head, great customer service at HeadBlade.  All around winning combination.

Offline captianxanax

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #781 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »
after a few years of using an electric razor i went to the cheap plastic razors.
i became tired of skid marks so last week i bought a Gillette mach 3 turbo an i can say i am impressed.
no longer do i need pieces :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) of toilet paper stuck to my head
"We don't stop laughing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop laughing."

Offline leseduk

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2010, 03:46:23 PM »
I always shave my head whilst in the shower, with either a Gillette Fusion :@` a Gillette Mach3 O0 or my Headblade sport :@` :@`, all three achieve similar results, I do not use any shaving foam or gel. But when I have dried my newly shaved swede i apply Nivea sensative skin post shave balm
All that is required for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. Anon
"First, you must implicitly obey orders… Secondly, you must consider every man as your enemy who speaks ill of your King... And thirdly, you must hate a Frenchman as you do the devil". Viscount Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #783 on: March 24, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
My M5 Magnum Review
[/size]

I bought the M5 Magnum on Sunday, and I have used it for several days now.  It reminds me of a Gillette Fusion blade on the Mach 3 handle. 

I think the Gillette Fusion is a better overall razor because of its larger handle, and the extra blade for trimming the edges of facial hair seems to be placed at a better angle.  That said, the Fusion's benefits over the M5 are small.  The M5 handle is smaller but works fine, and even though the Fusion's edging blade has a better angle, the M5 is still one of the few blades to have one.

The reason I will continue using the M5 is the price, because the difference is huge.  A 4 blade pack of M5s cost $5.22 while a 4 pack of Fusion blades cost $13.98 and I don't remember if that was even the power blades.  This cheap price was actually a determent to me because I assumed if it was that cheap it's got to be crap.  I was wrong.

Fusion users should give the M5 a shot because the cost of the razor (with 2 blades) and a 4 pack of blades is less than the cost of 4-pack of Fusion blades.  Even if you hate the M5 (you won't) you'll still come out ahead financially once you get through 4 blades.

I think the difference in price is to pay for the Fusion's advertising campaign!
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #784 on: April 02, 2010, 02:41:01 AM »
My M5 Magnum Review
[/size]

I bought the M5 Magnum on Sunday, and I have used it for several days now.  It reminds me of a Gillette Fusion blade on the Mach 3 handle. 

I think the Gillette Fusion is a better overall razor because of its larger handle, and the extra blade for trimming the edges of facial hair seems to be placed at a better angle.  That said, the Fusion's benefits over the M5 are small.  The M5 handle is smaller but works fine, and even though the Fusion's edging blade has a better angle, the M5 is still one of the few blades to have one.

The reason I will continue using the M5 is the price, because the difference is huge.  A 4 blade pack of M5s cost $5.22 while a 4 pack of Fusion blades cost $13.98 and I don't remember if that was even the power blades.  This cheap price was actually a determent to me because I assumed if it was that cheap it's got to be crap.  I was wrong.

Fusion users should give the M5 a shot because the cost of the razor (with 2 blades) and a 4 pack of blades is less than the cost of 4-pack of Fusion blades.  Even if you hate the M5 (you won't) you'll still come out ahead financially once you get through 4 blades.

I think the difference in price is to pay for the Fusion's advertising campaign!

Don't forget the one in the razor.  So you actually get three cartridges and a handle for 7 bucks.  I've been using one off and on for a couple of weeks.  It's OK, but I find my self needing to do a lot more passes than with any of the Gillettes.  Don't get me wrong, I think the same thing of the Fusion.  So bang for the buck, I'm picking the M5.  Seems like the more blades they add, the more passes I have to make.  YMMV

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #785 on: April 03, 2010, 07:56:49 PM »
Don't forget the one in the razor.  So you actually get three cartridges and a handle for 7 bucks.  I've been using one off and on for a couple of weeks.  It's OK, but I find my self needing to do a lot more passes than with any of the Gillettes.  Don't get me wrong, I think the same thing of the Fusion.  So bang for the buck, I'm picking the M5.  Seems like the more blades they add, the more passes I have to make.  YMMV

It's been nearly 2 weeks and I'm still using the same blade, but I did that with the Fusion as well.  I agree that the Gilette is a better razor, but the small difference is not big enough to justify the huge difference in price.  And it really is huge.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline old_hippie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #786 on: April 13, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
I have a Conair Cleanhead and a Norelco that I use.
sometimes I will shave with the Conair first then go over my head
with the Norelco doing so gets it nice and smooth.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_hippie_1954/4507580795/

Offline FightFan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #787 on: April 14, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
For the past month I've used a mach 3, the cut is good but the cost of the blades add up. Today I bought a safety razor, the shave was excellent and it also means the cost will be reduced considerably. Win Win  O0

Offline Jay195

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #788 on: April 23, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »
New 2 the forums, but not new to shaving my dome, after endless skid marks on my head broke down and bought a headblade sport/ s4 which I am currently waiting on!! I must say headblade hands down!!!! I have used them All norelco, schick, dispose razors, nothing better than the headblade, glad a friend told
me about them!   They rock!!!

Offline ret808

« Reply #789 on: May 24, 2010, 06:51:39 PM »
Hi guys its been some time since i posted but a lot has happened.  i got a free Fusion Proglide in the mail today. the claims are as follows.

thinner blades.
less tug and pull.
effortless glide.

I have already shaved today so i will try it tomorrow or later tonight.
The handle is fairly similar to the fusion power but the cart looks somewhat different. I did check to see if the new cart fit the old handle and it does.
I have been a long time Fusion user but have recently tried the Schick Hydra and am very impressed. if they can get that head on the headblade i may be persuaded to try the headblade again.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »
Gillete Fusion Razor & cream rinse hair conditioner. Smoothest & closest shave you'll ever get on both your head & face. And the cream rinse hair conditioner is cheap too. I buy it at the Dollar Store.

Offline ret808

« Reply #791 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:29 AM »
One thing i forgot to mention.

The first thing that struck me on the proglide box that i got was its logo.

http://ydsquare.ca/images/stories/calendarthumbs/proglide120.jpg

Does that look kinda familiar to anyone.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #792 on: May 25, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »
Hmmmmmm

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #793 on: May 25, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »
First of all just wanna announce that after about a one year break from head shaving, im back :)

I either use my headblade or the Mach 3.  I prefer the Mach 3 but i use the headblade if im in a hurry cuz its faster for me

Offline ret808

« Reply #794 on: May 25, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
An update .. i used the fusion proglide today and dont really notice and real difference between that and the old fusion.

The hydra is the best one recently .. a much more even shave.

Enter your email address: