Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624129 times)

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #735 on: November 09, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »
Used the Gillette Mach 3 for years, however, have been enlightened by how much closer and smoother the Fusion gets! no looking back here, Fusion and Headslick from here on out!

PS: I have not tried the  M5 yet! there seems to be quite a buzz about this razor on this site, will try down the road later, and if is as close in performance, and cartridges are cheaper, then I might need to revise my posting!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 05:16:30 PM by crzy4u2 »

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #736 on: November 09, 2009, 05:46:12 PM »
I use my HeadBlade, but start with my Fusion for my face and around the ears...

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #737 on: November 12, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
I'm working with the M5.  The cost of the handle & blades work out cheaper than my Mach 3 system.  So far, I've had a good shave (but watch that trimmer!).  Also beware when using shaving oils.  A five-blade head can clog up easy!

More down the road!
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline edge

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #738 on: November 22, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »
Finally tried the M5, and you know what? I like it, did not experience any unusual pulling or irratation, this razor rocks and cuts just like the Fusion (my favorite blade), will definately continue to use! Fusion and M5 from here on out.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:10:27 PM by edge »

KentBaldGuy

« Reply #739 on: November 26, 2009, 08:24:34 AM »
I use the Mach 3 Turbo and find it the best for my scalp. I have tried the four and five blade razors but (for me) they make it no smoother and tend more to cuts & nicks, plus here in the UK they are very very expensive. The price hike over the Mach 3 is not reflected in their performance on my head.

Tony

Offline BrotherBanzai

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #740 on: November 26, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
"Merkur" DE razor use to be my all around tool of trade and "Schick Xtreme3" usually covers some hard to reach spots.
Recently I bought "HB Shadow LE" with triple blades... still learning  :XX
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:14:26 PM by BrotherBanzai »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/091121/samp49bcf811932528fc.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline pdbrin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #741 on: December 14, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
Tonight will be my 4th shave!  The first three I used Fusion because it's what I had at home to shave my beard.. worked well.  Tonight I will try my new Headblade... I'm a little frighten about it.  It was so easy using a fresh Fusion everytime; I know I cannot do this for the rest of my life (maybe if I get a second job ;-) ) I just hope I will have the same result with the headblade.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #742 on: December 14, 2009, 04:02:46 PM »
Tonight will be my 4th shave!  The first three I used Fusion because it's what I had at home to shave my beard.. worked well.  Tonight I will try my new Headblade... I'm a little frighten about it.  It was so easy using a fresh Fusion everytime; I know I cannot do this for the rest of my life (maybe if I get a second job ;-) ) I just hope I will have the same result with the headblade.

Good luck with the Blade, just remember to follow the instructions and take your time.  I'm coming up on my 2 or 3-year HB anniversary (can't remember which) and my performance keeps getting better with time.

Offline pdbrin

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #743 on: December 14, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »
It as begun!

I tried the Headblade tonight... without putting any pressure on it... and it went VERY well.  Not as close as the Fusion but I know I will improve.  I did it with the grain.. when could I expect to go againt it to get a closer shave?  12 time? 2 months?  I'm not in a rush... since I'm pretty sure I will be bald for the rest of my life.

Offline Bullgerbal

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #744 on: December 28, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
I've been using the mach 3 turbo for about 5 years.  I just got a headblade for Christmas and I think I'm sold.  It did clog quite a bit with the three blades.  I think that was because I let my hair get a little longer than I usually do.  Usually use Nivea gel to shave, but the headslick is nice too.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #745 on: December 30, 2009, 11:46:51 AM »
I use the Schick Xtreme 3 comfort plus and I am very happy  - - I get a real close shave  -real smooth - - I pay $18.00 for  a package of 22 at Sam's Club and I use a razor 4-5 times 

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #746 on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »
Headblade with Triples is my preference.   I love my headblade sport.    I also have a Mach and Fusion.   The headblade is more natural to me than using the Mach and Fusion.   If I'm in a jam for time (aka this morning) -- I do a quick zip with my Braun flex shaver -- but that's only a last resort. 

Offline geoguy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #747 on: January 04, 2010, 12:25:35 AM »
Fusion is the best for me.  It'll take alot of convincing to make me change now...   But hey!  Whatever makes you happyyy    :)
If I should wake up tomorrow morning, and all my hair grew back; I'd still shave it all off!!  Thank God I'm Bald!!

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #748 on: January 05, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »
Since going sly in August 2007 I use my Headblade Sport. It works very good.
In December 09 I got a S4 Shadow. Wow - great design, nice extra weight, works similar good as the Sport.
But it wants my blood! This morning I sliced the upper contour of my left ear the third time. Blood flows...... :Xo!

J

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #749 on: January 12, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
Hey guys new here.  I've been shaving my head for about 7 years.  It might sound wierd, but I use olive oil, shaving gel and a Fusion.  I talk a hot shower and wash my nug really well.  Then I put about a dime sized drop of EVO on my scalp.  Then I lather up what ever shave gel I have(Edge, I think)  I go over it once.  Then if I have to go back over, I give it another shot of EVO(lube is the key and olive oil is cheaper than shaving oil).  I'm not totally sold on the Fusion.  I'm probably going back to a Mach 3, it seemed to give me a closer shave.