Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624088 times)

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #690 on: July 22, 2009, 04:31:56 AM »
I use the HB (sensor excell) to shave my head & had been using the fusion for touch ups & around the ears.  After cleaning out underneath the sink I came accross the razor handle for my old Mach III.  I hadn't used that thing since the fusion hit the market (damn marketing get's me all the time).  Anyway, while at Sam's buying razors this weekend I decided to buy the refills for the Mach III for sh*ts & giggles.  To my surprize, the MIII works WAY better on my head than the fusion!?!?  Who would have guessed!  Especially since the HB 3 blade and the CVS brand 3 blade don't work worth a flip.  Looks like the fusion will be retired for now.

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #691 on: July 22, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »
I'm giving my HB a go again but this time with sensor excel blades rather than the HB triples. I can tell anyone who wasn't impressed with HB using triples that the sensor blades make a world of difference. I have sensitivity issues but with the sensor blades it goes easy with absolutely no irritation. It's still a little tricky around the ears and there's a spot on the top side of my head that's hard to get smooth but all in all it works great.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #692 on: July 22, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »
I am still an HB SPort guy after 2 years.  As my daddy always said, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke."  gotta love my dad.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline 40sandwfan

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #693 on: July 22, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
First time totally shaving, I used the HeadBlade and I gotta say, it was a lot better feeling than I expected. I was expecting it to be pulling on my scalp and a little more painful (for lack of better words) than it was!! I actually like the way it felt and the ease of the razor!! I'll be doing this from now on too!!

Offline DaDi

• Sly
  • The 1st sly member in SBG from Greece!
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2009, 01:23:03 AM »
today the shave with my HB was a nightmare because the razor was old...
I changed it and i cant wait until tomorrow :-)
Yea, right...

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #695 on: July 24, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
I use a Gillette Sensor. It works just fine for me.
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #696 on: July 27, 2009, 07:27:34 AM »
I see many responses, but since we all are entitled to our two-cent's worth, here's mine.  As I said in another post, I'm really backwards in this matter, and use a razor style dating from the 1930's:

http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

I am in my 60s, and have used this style nearly all my life.  "Why?" you might ask.  Several reasons.  One, I sort of inherited my first from my father; Two, it works.  It's a single-blade thing, very sturdy, substantial enough not to feel flimsy, and light enough to manipulate easily. Three, it is fairly inexpensive--as regards blades; the handle is a life-time affair.  The downside is that they don't make the handles anymore, although injector blades remain available.  Just in case, I laid in about a five-year's supply.  That's five years at the rate I use them up.  I get more than five shaves out of one blade; indeed, sometimes a month's worth, although admittedly my hair is not wiry, and I can put up with a bit of drag at the end of the blade's life.  What counts is: does the head feel slick to the touch after shaving.  It does.  What more would you want?  Some things reach a level of improvement that really does not need further improvement, and I feel that the Schick does all a razor needs to do, and is efficient and economical.  When I see the cost of the necessary blades for these "new, improved" razors, I smile.  Have they made one with five blades yet?  No, don't tell me.  I don't want to know.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #697 on: July 27, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
Yes they have Ming, it's called a fusion. If the "five blades" aren't enough, they will offer it to you in a power model, a gamer model, etc. Any way they can remove your money from your wallet, they'll try. It's ridiculous.

I prefer the Mach III over the fusion, and I still use my Atra plus for my face. Two blades cuts just as well as "five closer spaced blades".   

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #698 on: July 28, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »
The new Fusion style blades are to me big and bulky. The head size of these are not comfortable for me to shave my head. I bought one and ended up giving it to my brother. Just my $.02
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #699 on: July 28, 2009, 01:32:45 PM »
Gillette Fusion!! It's the only blade I have ever used that has NEVER cut my head. NEVER!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »
Thought I would add I am currently using the FaceBlade prototype mailed out to some of the participating SBG's, on my dome because I forgot my HeadBlade at my fathers. (I could be using the tricked out modded HeadBlade original, but I sold that for a pretty penny ;) )

Offline Bald-n-Philly

• Cool Sly Philly Guy !!!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #701 on: July 29, 2009, 09:07:36 AM »
Hey what's happenin' my sly bros.?
  Well, let me say that I started out with the Headblade, then I would get serious nicks around my ears and bumps at back of neck. Then I went for the Mach III. it was o.k., but I got caught up in that advertising of the Fusion(power). I really wasn't getting a close enough shave that I wanted, so now then I wanted to try the Mach III turbo. Now for some odd reason this one cause lot's of irratation, so I'm back to the Mach III (regular) and I seem to be getting the best shave with less irratation. Every now and again I like to switch up and use one of the other razors, just for a different feel, but ultimately Mach III is the goto.

- Peace 

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #702 on: July 29, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
I'm only in my third week of being sly, but I have been using the mach 3.  After reading all the hype about the Headblade, I decided to pick one up last night.  (on sale at walgreens, btw)  I used it this morning with the sensor excel blade and I got the closest shave yet with no irritation.  I didn't have irritation with the mach 3, but it wasn't near as close.  So far, I'm sold on the Headblade.

Offline Bald-n-Philly

• Cool Sly Philly Guy !!!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #703 on: July 29, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »
Jamesh, did u say sale ? My favorite word ! What is the sale price at Walgreen's, if u don't mind me asking ?

- Peace

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #704 on: July 29, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »
$10.99 for the headblade sport.  After I left I realized that I should have looked to see if the headslick was on sale too.  I was in a hurry though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 10:31:32 AM by jamesh75 »