Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623858 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »
if we are gonna both feel like hell the next day, we might as well drink instead of fight. would be more fun anyway. i ain't much of a fighter. BUT I LIKE DRINKIN'

Well OK then, them's drinkin' words!  `Dr!n#

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PET

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Fat, Bald with a goatee
    • Starcraft 2 Romania
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
I'm shaving with a Gillette M3 Power. It's doing a pretty good job, I just have to change the razor :) I'm really curious how this special Head-Shaving products work, havn't seen any in Romania, actualy havn't really looked but thare are slim changes to find something special.
Starcraft 2 Romania - Live Tournaments, Game Commentaries and Analyssis
www.sc2ro.ro

Offline wuffybehr

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Just posing!
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2007, 07:14:31 PM »
Just picked up some generic pivoting twin blades plus from CVS  7.99 for 20..(Generic Atra plus)  They beat the pants off of the Greenie blade that came with the Headblade!  Easy to clean and cheap!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
if we are gonna both feel like hell the next day, we might as well drink instead of fight. would be more fun anyway. i ain't much of a fighter. BUT I LIKE DRINKIN'

Well OK then, them's drinkin' words!  `Dr!n#

I'll take both y'all on.....BRING IT, Byotches :x!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2007, 09:03:21 PM »
Bring it on, ya old bald guy.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
Baton rouge wed night. flight can't be more than a few hundred bucks. come on. O0

schro, does he actually think he can outdrink both of us?

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2007, 09:50:57 PM »
Hot damn, I would absolutely love to join you guys. But I can't swing it with my current work / family schedule. As much as the humidity sucks monkey balls, I would love to see the south.

As far as drinking abilities, I have a sneaky suspicion that there are quite a few of us that could do some damage....you, me, the Meister, BaldRob, PigPen, Tyler, Paul, Canadian HB, etc, etc,. F**k, it'd be ugly.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2007, 05:44:27 AM »
that it would.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
I just ordered that the Silver Refill kit off of the HeadBlade Website.  Pretty good, for $34... HeadSlick, HeadShed, HeadLube, and the Accessory Kit... But to tell you the truth, I am wondering if it is worth it.  Four Razors, and the support stuff.  I don't know, if the Razors last me the Month, I will be a Happy Camper, otherwise, I don't know.  I will post up my review after i get my package.

Alright, I got my package in, and to tell you the truth, My verdict on the Refill Kit Silver is: A+... You get 8 Razors for the, and all the other goods [headshed, headlube,headslick] all for a decent price.  And to tell you the truth, Man, that HeadShed stuff is great! ;D
Peace

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
I use this

Merkur Progress with custom knurled knob.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2007, 01:47:11 PM »
That's awesome Cooncat!! Trev, one of the first members of Sly Bald Guys also shaves with a DE safety razor.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:26 AM »
I use this

Merkur Progress with custom knurled knob.

Welcome bro.  Another safety razor user.  Cool man.

BlackHawkA4

« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »
I recently just bought the headblade ; it's probably the worst razor I've shaved my head with. I put no pressure on it what so ever to the point where it was almost floating above my head ; it still cut the crap out of my head.

Before that I was using the Mach 3 which is great. I get a lot of razor burn from shaving against the grain ; but it's the only way I can get a close enough shave. That's a lot better than cuts and rash. I'm throwing this thing away.

I really want to get an electric shaver for my head though ; the mach 3 is great but the blades go so fast.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2007, 09:06:08 PM »
Welcome Hawk.
Sorry you had a bad experience with the Headblade. Like a lot of SBG's here, I'm a loyal HB Guy. It can be awkward at first, but I wouldn't give up on it after on use. Clearly, a lot of people swear by it. Rather than letting it "float" over the head, the key is making sure the back of the razor (the wheels on the "Sport" model and the little plastic nub on the "Classic") remains in contact with your skin. The angle of the razor is positioned such that when the back of the razor is touching your head, the shave is pretty easy. It's just like combing your hair from front to back. Plus, the quality of the shave is top notch!

Bottom line, being SLY is top priority. How you get there is entirely up to you. But, before you ditch the HB, consider the above. Also, HB's website has a "How To" video on using the HB. Check it out.

Cheers!
Schro

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2007, 09:24:42 PM »
BlackHawk, what blades were you using on it? I recommend either the Atra or the Sensor Excel.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.