Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624049 times)

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #630 on: January 25, 2009, 10:39:19 AM »
I'm now using this one. Made in the days when Gillette Made REAL razors.
80 years old and will still be mowing down whiskers long after all the Fusions have been tossed in the trash bin.
So true, Bob. Just like everything else, they that don't make things the way they used to.
Have a few of my father's DE's. Just waiting for the courage to scrape my noggin' hair-free with one of those. Probably more sooner than later.

Lately I've been settling for just about any Gillette blade that's on sale.
Even the disposables.

Offline weedhead69

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #631 on: January 28, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »
i just use a cheap normal razor really lol the one my mom uses to shave her legs and i use colgate shaving cream and it works ok i mean it takes time and i get a few cuts but hey i am a men and can take a lil blood lol

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #632 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum, weedhead.
That's a cool looking lollipop you got there.

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #633 on: January 30, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »
Now for you guys that are afraid of real razors
Bob's Razor Works is now producing custom Mach 3s

flatdave

« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2009, 01:26:41 PM »
Mach III for me.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2009, 05:57:08 PM »
Headblade classic
Gillette Fusion
Mach 3
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 12:07:05 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline opelenvy

• Sly Guy in Training
  • George
« Reply #636 on: March 13, 2009, 07:41:42 AM »
Phew.  I just finished reading 43 pages of this stuff.  It took me a couple days.
I have been using the HB Sport since I started, about four months ago.  I got the triple blades and I like the shave, but they were clogging up bad, even with Headslick and rinse every one or two strokes.  I went and got the Atra twins and tried them.  OUCH!!!  They scraped a layer of skin off my whole head, it was on fire.  My hair is pretty course and it just felt like the blade was really digging in.  comparing I could see the blades had more angle than the HB trips.  I waited a couple days to heal and very carefully tried it again.  A little better but still lots of scraping.  No more Atra for me.
I see several guys talking about the Gillette Sensor 3 on the HB with a black adapter.  I got all my HB stuff at Walgreens but have not seen the black adapter.  I would like to try the Sensors next to see if they have less clogging.
I end up banging my HB Sport against the sink to knock out all the hair.
I get maybe four or five shaves per blade before it starts to give me some rashing.  I clean up mean and do my face with the Mach 3.
The send shave I tried it in the shower but was not coordinated enough with my new HB.  Now that I am much quicker, I think I will give it another go.
George

Offline slyguyfrank

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #637 on: March 20, 2009, 03:18:50 PM »
I just started shaving my head recently (Love It). I've been using a Mach 3, which seems to do the trick without any problems, but what do I use after the aftershave as far as lotion? Any suggestions?

Offline rward086

• Sly
    • Myspace
« Reply #638 on: March 21, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »
I just started shaving my head recently (Love It). I've been using a Mach 3, which seems to do the trick without any problems, but what do I use after the aftershave as far as lotion? Any suggestions?

Some Bald Guyz Moisture Gel from CVS would be a good way to go. I haven't heard anything but fantastic reviews of it.
"God only blessed a handful of people with perfect heads - The rest he covered with hair."

W3!ght

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #639 on: March 29, 2009, 10:12:26 PM »
Guys,

Strictly through very careful experimentation, I found that the HEADBLADE also gives a real nice head job when used starting from the ears and moving upward, toward the center of the scalp. Blade must be very sharp, and you have to have your scalp EXTREMELY lubricated and move at a Precise, SLOW, Pace. If you try and rush your shave when attempting to use this method, you might end up as a Van Gogh (LOL).

Normally, (but most would NOT consider me normal- :D) I would HeadBlade my melon- with, then against the grain, then "clean it up" with the MachIII, or the Fusion. But when using the HeadBlade in the manner described above, I get the "bone close" type of shave I am looking for with the one razor. If I then feel compelled to then follow with either of the two additional razors mentioned, my head is already so smooth, my chances for nicks and cuts are virtually zero, nada, nill, so the Mach or Fusion "floats over my scalp, leaving my skin as smooth as a newborn piglet's butt. Not a pretty image, (especially if you are eating@ the moment)- LOL, but I think you get the point...  :*))

But should you try this method with your HeadBlade, Shave your normal routine (with, then against the grain) then from ear to center of scalp across your entire head, on one side, then the other. Overall, you want your hair to be as short as possible when attempting this, so as to eliminate "razor drag" as much as possible, thus cutting (ahem-no pun intended) down your chances for nicks, cuts, abrasions, scratches, and head-on collisions. But remember, take your time and GO SLOW!

-Cap'n Noodles-
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:21:10 AM by Noodles »

Offline Kratos

• Super Sly
  • Finally inked
« Reply #640 on: March 31, 2009, 08:36:44 PM »
The Gillette Fusion works wonders for me, I tend to cut myself with the Mach 3 or anything else. Never used the head blade yet, I plan on giving it a shot.

Offline Perry Noia

• Autodidact (Yes, that's an excuse)
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • It's awesome to be back!
« Reply #641 on: April 01, 2009, 05:25:10 AM »
Cause I'm "ghetto like that", I use an off-brand razor. No, I'm not proud of it lol. I once used a Gillette Fusion and that worked splendidly for me, so I plan on using it again once I can get my hands on it.

But yeah, the off-brand ones are cool too. They just cut a LOT more scalp than they do hair.
"You're 17! What do you know?"

"I know two things, sir. One, I'm smarter than you. Two, I'm younger than you."

Offline Baldrog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #642 on: April 01, 2009, 08:49:40 AM »
gillette fusion

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #643 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
I use the Schick Extreme 3 with changeable blades, but they are hard to find.  I'll probably transtion to the Gillette Mach 3 or Fusion full time within the next year.
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #644 on: April 01, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »
You're not a Electric man anymore Red?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Enter your email address: