Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626725 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »
Don't worry, we don't always get what Paul is saying either.

I've seen you lurke around for a while.  Thanks for posting up a few posts today!

By the way, what is a DE?  It's the end of the day and I'm not thinking straight... :px :/O
No problem posting.  I hope I can add something useful once in awhile.

DE is short for Double Edge razor.  Old school razors like our dad's used to use.  Not quite as dangerous as a straight razor but they do take some practice to use.  Here is a pic http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/522941/1888174.htm

AaaahhhhhH!!  I know what you're talking about now.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2007, 06:54:21 PM »
Wazzup Medman.  It's difficult working two boards, I try to post on both (when I have something to say).  I've been thinking of giving the DE a try, just haven't worked up the nerve.
Hey Medic!  I know it is difficult to work two boards, that's probably why I have never posted here plus I post at beardcommunity.com  so that's 3 to keep up with!

Give the DE a try, at least on the face.  They give the closest shave ever after a little practice.  Plus the blades are very cheap!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »
the bat comment was a joke about the angle of your picture. just didn't go over well. my apologies. i was trying to say you got a booger man. i won't try that one anymore. :-[ :-[

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2007, 08:54:36 PM »
the bat comment was a joke about the angle of your picture. just didn't go over well. my apologies. i was trying to say you got a booger man. i won't try that one anymore. :-[ :-[
OK.  When you put it that way...

I don't really have a booger though right?  No really...I don't see it...crap!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2007, 08:57:45 PM »
nah, you're clean. O0

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2007, 10:09:13 PM »
Wazzup Medman.  It's difficult working two boards, I try to post on both (when I have something to say).  I've been thinking of giving the DE a try, just haven't worked up the nerve.
Hey Medic!  I know it is difficult to work two boards, that's probably why I have never posted here plus I post at beardcommunity.com  so that's 3 to keep up with!

Give the DE a try, at least on the face.  They give the closest shave ever after a little practice.  Plus the blades are very cheap!
Funny thing is, when I first started shaving my face, it was using Dad's DE.  Not sure I taught myself the "correct" way to do it, but I don't remember ever really cutting myself, none serious anyway.  I suspect doing the head would be quite time consuming, unless one became serious & consistent about using the DE.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2007, 10:52:53 PM »
Hey medman whassup.? Welcome aboard here.

Offline jasandalb

• Sly Jr.
    • My Page
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2007, 07:25:42 AM »
I use a combo of the headblade and the mach 3.
Its a typical situation in these typical times...

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
Using the Sensor Excel, gets me a lot closer than any other I've tried though I still have to shave daily if I want to keep the smooth look and feel.  Seems to cause less irritation when I go against the grain. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline kuper1869

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #189 on: February 06, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »
I am a rookie at this but I use the head blade with the triple blade. I had no nicks. I still find it tricky to get it as close as I want.

Thanks
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #190 on: February 06, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »
I am a rookie at this but I use the head blade with the triple blade. I had no nicks. I still find it tricky to get it as close as I want.

Thanks

If you have the adapter for it, try the Atra blades or the Sensor. I used the Sensor for the first time this morning and loved it.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2007, 01:13:44 AM »
This is my first time to post here, and I also use HeadBlade. When I first got it I used it with the headblade triple blade that came with it. After that I used the Atra Blades for a little while and didn't really care for them. I just used the Sensor blade for the first time and I loved it. The best shave that I've had yet by far (aside from the triple blade that came with the headblade)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2007, 01:17:47 AM »
This is my first time to post here, and I also use HeadBlade. When I first got it I used it with the headblade triple blade that came with it. After that I used the Atra Blades for a little while and didn't really care for them. I just used the Sensor blade for the first time and I loved it. The best shave that I've had yet by far (aside from the triple blade that came with the headblade)

Welcome Weaver!!  Thanks for sharing that with us.  Feel free to post up an introduction in the introductions board.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:26 AM »
welcome weaver.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:45 AM »
 :) Welcome, Weaver. Great soul patch and burns. Looking forward to further posts. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth