Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 630861 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #720 on: October 15, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
I READ THAT HEADBLADE FITS ATRA'S BLADE, BUT I CAN'T FIND ONE IN MALAYSIA.
hey k:  1st of all... please remove the CAPS on your posts.  it's like shouting a message & it hurts one's eyes.  if u r looking 4 some atra blades... check out www.greatrazors.com or check e-bay.  hope this helps. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tjcocker

• Learning the way of Sly
    • Fogless mirror
« Reply #721 on: October 18, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »
Found the triple blades on sale at Rite Aids in Colorado, Denver area. Loaded up myself! Thanks for the other tips, I'll be checking out Wal-Mart for some sales next time I'm there.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #722 on: October 18, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
I'm using the HeadBlade Sport with Wilkinson Contact Plus blades. They're doubles, not as aggressive as the HB doubles. Plus, they're much cheaper than the original HB blades and available in the stores (HB stuff is available in Germany only via online shops).

For the face shaving, I used to use an electric, but recently switched to Wilkinson disposable razors, which work pretty good for me.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #723 on: October 20, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »
I prefer the headblade classic over the sport... the sport is too big, it seems? and the wheels are weird... 

but I also use the fusion sometimes, or my old favorite, the Mach 3... it was the first good razor I ever used after  nasty disposables..

Offline lou911

« Reply #724 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33:04 PM »
     I've been using the headblade ( triple blade) and fusion for a couple of years. Now I'm using the headblade and mach 3 for the sides. Fusion is too expensive .

Offline Big-N-Bald

• Sly Jr.
  • I Never have a BAD HAIR DAY!!!!!
« Reply #725 on: October 26, 2009, 06:48:10 PM »
I was using the HeadBlade until I got the M5.  I love that thing for shaving my head.  Smoother results that the HB and, no nicks.  Every once and a while the HB would slide a little sideways and dive right into the skin.  I don't have that issue with my M5.  My HB is now collecting dust in a bathroom drawer.

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #726 on: October 27, 2009, 06:27:55 PM »
Just temporarily switched to an electric - a wet/dry Panasonic ES8249s linear razor.  Guaranteed 13,000 RPM sustained rate.  I started to get too hasty with the Mach3 and Fusion and have about three nicks (one of them a significant gouge) that I want to let heal thoroughly.  It is a bit hard to see what you are doing when you have to do it without glasses and you are 80% blind in one eye and farsighted in both.

I got the tip for the linear razor from a YouTube video.  I have to say that I hate electric razors as a general rule and was leary to drop the cash on this one.  But it does a great job.  I can get nearly as smooth as I can with a disposable cartridge and absolutely no nicks.  It does take longer and I have found that I get closer with a sideways movement of the razor.  I use 20% of the battery in 15 minutes of shaving my head and trimming my cheeks and neck around the beard I am working on.  But I can do it while watching the news in the morning.  The battery fully charges in about an hour from a dead state.

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #727 on: October 30, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
Being a complete novice, I'm still experimenting, but, having tried the Headblade Sport once, I've already ditched it for my trusty Mach 3. Coupled with Gillette Foamy (sensitive skin) I've found I get a smoother ride and a way better, closer shave. Still dinging myself, but hopefully will stop drawing blood soon. LOL!  8)
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline thegilp

« Reply #728 on: November 02, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
Mercur 34C HD for the dome, dovo straight for the mug(haven't worked up the stones to slide that across the cranial yet, one of these days).

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #729 on: November 02, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
Update on the Panasonic Linear - Smooth shave and down to 5 minutes for shave time for dry shaving when I am pressed for time.  Absolutely no nicks and the previous head wounds are healing nicely.  :)

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #730 on: November 05, 2009, 03:27:15 PM »
I have been going back and forth between the M5 and my mach 3, i like the M5 because its a smooth shave like the fusion and the blades are alot cheaper! 6$ for four with the M5, 12$ for 5 mach 3 blades. I have noticed that i get a little more razor burn with the M5 than my Mach 3, however, the angle on the head of the M5 is different than the angle on the head of the Mach 3, other than that i think the M5 is an awesome razor, and if i realy cant decide what razor to use i will just use both! remember guys, being bald is always above average here at the bald nations best!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline gregmi

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #731 on: November 08, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »
Tried the headblade in the past and actually had the wheel fall off the first time using it  and  had returned it to Wallgreens.  Today I bought a Mac 3 and going to see how that works. Using it with Bald Guyz clear shaving gel. Will report how it works for me tonight when I take my shower and shave O0 .

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #732 on: November 08, 2009, 05:22:27 PM »
Was an absolute Fusion guy, until I tried the M5--can't beat it, just be careful of the trim blade.

Offline Tommi

« Reply #733 on: November 09, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
I personally can't decide between Fusion or M5. Lately it's been Fusion.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #734 on: November 09, 2009, 03:32:11 PM »
I have a heck of a time choosing/using a razor.  It seems the hair that I have a 'good crop' of on the sides and especially the back of my head goes in all directions.  I learned about the Headblade from this forum, and I use that for almost my entire head.  Easy to use in the shower, and it does well, with the ATRA Blades.  But for around my ears and where the stubble goes in all directions, I switch between a MACH 3, a FUSION, and a VENUS.  Sometimes I'll use them all in one shaving.  I will use the Neutrogena light body oil on my head and shave, with and with out a shave cream.  That light oil really seems to help get those stubbles, and rinses easily from the blades.  And leaves a nice shine, which is a plus, I think.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President