Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving

What razor do you use?

(1/274) > >>

Tyler:
I talk to a lot of guys who shave their head.  It seems that it's becoming a more popular thing to do now, or I'm just noticing it more.  Anyways, I usually ask what razor they use to shave their head.

The number one answer I get is...you guessed it...the Mach 3.

Now, I don't use the Mach 3.  In fact, I don't even use a straight razor.  Instead, I use a Remington!  That's right...I use an electric razor!  It's the only way to go for me.  I get just as smooth of a shave as using a Mach 3, but without the cuts and razor burn.  Plus, the overall cost is much cheaper in the long run.

Tell us, what do you use?

Trev:
I've been shaving my head for about 12 years and I've never used anything other than an old school "safety razor".  You don't see many of these around now, but my dad has used one forever and it is the type of razor I learned to shave with.  It is used with a double edged razor blade and it provides a very smooth shave.  It is also probably more economical than using disposable razors.  When you have a moment check out some cool safety razors at: http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos/safety.php

alotaforehead:
Mach 3...in the shower...if you're getting razor burn the razor is dull, or you aren't using enough shaving gel or you keep shaving over the same area over and over....don't go against the grain...go with it!!  Works for me

MississippiRed:
What's good fellas........I use the Gillette Custom Plus disposable......it's the one with the little gel strip at top  and I've been shaving my melon since 1990....Thanks for the site Ty...

MississippiRed

andy:
I use the Mach 3 as well, but oddly enough I find that I have less skin irritation when I'm using a blade that's slightly dulled, one that's been used a couple times already.  I use a gel shaving cream and usually shave after I've gone for a run or something (that is, after I've worked up a sweat.  Not sure if that's good or not, but that's just my routine. Run->shave->shower).  Anyway, I find going with the grain gets the bulk of the hairs, but if I want to get right down to the skin I need to go against the grain.  When it gets down to that I tend to take very short strokes and rinse the blade with hot water between each one.  Somewhat time consuming, but worth the effort, I think. 

How often do you guys shave?  I usually go 4 to 7 days between shaves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version