Author Topic: "bic" it?  (Read 7520 times)

Offline Vin

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: "bic" it?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 07:00:39 PM »
I still hear it from time to time up here in Toronto, Canada, but not as much as in the 90's like the other poster mentioned.

That is too funny about the Coke in the south.  Reminds me of a time I was in the US, I think down in Texas and I asked to use a Washroom in a restaurant and they said "What is that?" so I said, "You know, somewhere I can go to the bathroom" and still nothing, just a look like I had two heads...so I said, you know "to relieve myself, go pee"...then I got a big laugh and a "Ohhhh you mean a Restroom, down the hall second door on your right".  Funny how different states and neighbouring cities/countires can refer to some common things so differently. ;D

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 07:47:03 PM »
"Funny how different states and neighbouring cities/countires can refer to some common things so differently. "

Like Spelling!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 02:28:27 PM »
Hell, I almost didn't get the pecan waffles that I wanted one time in North Carolina because the lady said I was pronouncing pecan wrong.

Our conversation:

Waitress: What would you like honey?
Me:  Pecan (pronounced like pee-kahn) waffles please
Waitress:  We don't have those.
Me: I see them on the menu right here.
Waitress:  Those are pecan (pronounced like pee-caan) waffles.
Me:  Yes, that's what I said.  I would like some pecan (pronounced like pee-kahn) waffles.
Waitress:  I can bring you some pecan (pronounced like pee-caan) waffles
Me: Yes, that would be fine.  Thank you.   B@n%
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »
Hell, I almost didn't get the pecan waffles that I wanted one time in North Carolina because the lady said I was pronouncing pecan wrong.

Our conversation:

Me:  Yes, that's what I said.  I would like some pecan (pronounced like pee-kahn) waffles.
Ya ain't from around here are ya ?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 06:23:50 PM »

Our conversation:

I really have to wonder about people like that waitress.  I find it hard to believe that you were the first non-southerner she ever waited on who ordered pecan waffles.   She had to have known what you were talking about.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »

Our conversation:

Ty all I'm doing is LMFAO, I'm almost in tears I'm laughing so hard.
 :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

Razor I see that all over the country, there are still people who refuse to get it, they only think in their own little world no matter what or who comes around. Its so funny .
 :/O :/O :/O