Author Topic: electric shavors  (Read 4021 times)

Offline sae3

• Learning the way of Sly
electric shavors
« on: November 16, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
 I read a couple of post about electric razors I'm just trying to make sure that I get the right one i got a cheap one from walmart and let's just say it didn't go to well.  I know I will need to pay at least 70 dollars anybody got a favorite electric razor that works well?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: electric shavors
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
I've used the Remington TI and the Phillips Cool Skin 7700.  Both worked good, but the Phillips was a bit better.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »
 8) ive used the remington that takes the lotion packs and it worked GREAT , but was stolen in a b/e  the best part of living in the "D"  is your always getting NEW things 'cuz the old ones walk away quickly !  porky
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:48:37 PM »
I keep hearing of the Panasonic ES8109 that will do it all for you!

Has anyone tried this out to see if it cleans the dome!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
I just use an acid wash it seems to take care of it...for a few days  LOL :*)) :*))...i feel a  :x! coming on

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
I've used the Norelco w/ lotion and one of the high-speed Panasonics in the past. But haven't used them since I started shaving again in May.

A couple of weeks ago, I dug them out and tried 'em ... but got a lot of irritation and some bleeding.

My best luck is with the HeadBlade Sport. For a quick shave and minimal irritation or bleeding.

I suppose if I used them more consistently, my scalp would adapt to the electrics again.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline dexter1984

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:22 PM »
Hi guys.

I've been looking for an electric shaver. The headblade cuts me up badly so i'm finding an electric alternative.
Any suggestions on which one to get?
I get confused by the numbers.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 01:33:21 AM »
Hi guys.

I've been looking for an electric shaver. The headblade cuts me up badly so i'm finding an electric alternative.
Any suggestions on which one to get?
I get confused by the numbers.

I'd go with the Phillips Norelco Cool Skin.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline dexter1984

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 02:15:16 AM »
A, well too late. I bought a Panasonic ES8043 from my local store. Cost me alot but I hope it'll do the trick.
Will post a review after I use it  :)

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:05:59 AM »
I use a Braun 8985 360 Complete, self-cleaning shaver and really love it.  I paid about $160 and the cleaning cartridges are about $6/month, but it really has performed well.  I get almost as clean a shave as I've gotten with a blade.  The daily cleaning unit makes that thing like new.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein