Author Topic: tweezing  (Read 44885 times)

X The Hierophant

Re: tweezing
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
Welcome Propagandhi.  I had thought of trying it once when first seeing it mentioned on the forum but since have change my mind.  I think I like the act of actually shaving the noggin everyday. 

I agree with you, but the "no shadow" thing is quite appealing.  Plus it's virtually free ... the only catch is the whole pain/agony thing the first time or two.   >:D

jusbnme

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »
Welcome Propagandhi.  I had thought of trying it once when first seeing it mentioned on the forum but since have change my mind.  I think I like the act of actually shaving the noggin everyday. 

I agree with you, but the "no shadow" thing is quite appealing.  Plus it's virtually free ... the only catch is the whole pain/agony thing the first time or two.   >:D

Very true bro.  I would love to be shadow free. 

Offline Propagandhi

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Real men don't need hair
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 08:51:04 PM »
I'm still doing my homework so that i don't end up kicking myself for it. But so far i'm convinced that this is actually doable. If i go ahead with the operation my best friend Jack(Daniels) will be helping me through it. You are right though, i had a friend who was a bodybuilder(hairy bastard too) and he used to wax his chest before the competitions like it's nothing. I tried it once, and almost called the ambulance in the middle of it. The follicles get used to being pulled out.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 07:04:06 AM »
I'm still doing my homework so that i don't end up kicking myself for it. But so far i'm convinced that this is actually doable. If i go ahead with the operation my best friend Jack(Daniels) will be helping me through it. You are right though, i had a friend who was a bodybuilder(hairy bastard too) and he used to wax his chest before the competitions like it's nothing. I tried it once, and almost called the ambulance in the middle of it. The follicles get used to being pulled out.

Yeah, Jack Daniels would be a good friend for you in this endeaver.

Seriously though, let us know how it goes.  I am very very curious to see your take on this after a few tries.  It seems like a good idea to me, but a bit scary at the same time.  :(

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 07:54:03 AM »

http://www.scalptweezing.com/

Blimey - I dunno why but I was slightly shocked by that! Particularly Al's Tweezing story.

I think I just assumed they'd be guys who already had mpb but wanted to get rid of the shadow at the sides!

Anyway, welcome Propagandhi.  I agree it would be great to get rid of the shadow - let us know how you get on if you do decide to go for it & be sure to post up some piccies.  O0
His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Propagandhi

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
Hey everybody,

As you all remember i was thinking about tweezing out my hair. I went for it last week and it looks awsome. It did hurt alot though. I'm still waiting to see if i will get any side effects such as ingrown hairs or pimples. I did get some pimples on my head, not that many though. Not having to shave everyday, not getting any razor burn  permanent smooth look especially getting rid of the "MPB" shadow is an incredible feeling. My head now transformed to Bruce Willis' in Live Free or Die Hard. From what i heard there's a 2 month milestone before I'll know if I'm a good candiidate for scalp tweezing.Cheers.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 07:21:58 PM »
Propagandhi, Glad to hear of your experience.  Post a pic so we can see how it looks.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »
I think I'm sticking with my headblade. As much as I hated shaving my face before being sly I now find I love my shave time. No shadow would be cool but....

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 01:30:14 AM »
Propagandhi, Glad to hear of your experience.  Post a pic so we can see how it looks.

Yeah bro, congrats... I'd be curious to see how it looks too although I'm not sure I could go through with tweezing myself.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 03:58:52 AM »
Propagandhi, Interested to hear what tool that you used to do the deed?

I would love to have a permanent smooth look with no shadow.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »
I think I'm sticking with my headblade. As much as I hated shaving my face before being sly I now find I love my shave time.

Same here, Nomad. I look forward to my shave and don't really mind the shadow, it's gotten better now that my noggin has gotten some color.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »
Hey everybody,

As you all remember i was thinking about tweezing out my hair. I went for it last week and it looks awsome. It did hurt alot though. I'm still waiting to see if i will get any side effects such as ingrown hairs or pimples. I did get some pimples on my head, not that many though. Not having to shave everyday, not getting any razor burn  permanent smooth look especially getting rid of the "MPB" shadow is an incredible feeling. My head now transformed to Bruce Willis' in Live Free or Die Hard. From what i heard there's a 2 month milestone before I'll know if I'm a good candiidate for scalp tweezing.Cheers.

Verryy cool my bald bro!

I'm jealous that YOOU had the guts to do it...now YOU'RE shadow free!

Maybe one day I'll have the nads to do the deed...I would really dig a totally bald head! O0

Shine on our bald "shadow free" brutha!!!

Offline Propagandhi

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 12:56:47 AM »
I used  Remington sily and smooth epilator. It hurt a bit but i think it was worth the pain. Before tweezing i'd have to shave every day, now i can get away with tweezing and shaving just once a week. And after the initial tweeze the pain is managable. Either way if any of you ever get sick of the shadow enough to go through with this, the option is out there.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Propagandhi, you really took the "How to Clean Everything" to heart huh?

kidding of course.

Tweezing and waxing doesnt seem too bad, keep us posted on how it works out, I would be up for it possibly.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

X The Hierophant

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »
I used  Remington sily and smooth epilator. It hurt a bit but i think it was worth the pain. Before tweezing i'd have to shave every day, now i can get away with tweezing and shaving just once a week. And after the initial tweeze the pain is managable. Either way if any of you ever get sick of the shadow enough to go through with this, the option is out there.

I must say ... very tempting!  O0