New Member Section > Introductions

Back after a very long time

(1/3) > >>

YorkshireTerrier:
Hi All,

No one here will remember me, mainly because I couldn't remember my username.  However, I joined this forum back in probably about 2008 when I was 30 or so and really struggling to get to grips with hair loss.  The guys here were incredible and I still stay in touch with one or two (is Sly Red still around). 

Back then I was depressed, obsessed with the shape of my dome, and constantly seeking reassurance that I looked ok.  Well let me tell you - fast forward 16 years (is it really that long?) and two children later and a brilliant life, I can say that I don't give my hair, or lack of it a second thought.  In fact I prefer it (never thought I would say that).  In truth now, if you offered me a miracle cure - I wouldn't take it. 

I was thinking about this site the other day and how it helped me and made a mental note to come back and say hi, and hopefully hang around a bit to give back a little of what you guys gave me. 

Much love

Chris

reddog:
Welcome back! I joined in 2013, so I wouldn't remember you. Not much activity here anymore. Probably because shaved heads are so popular these days, guys don't need much support. I often wonder how many members keep shaving after they leave this site.

Anyway, thanks for the update, glad you're doing well!

Laser Man:
Welcome back! I joined in 2011 when I first contemplated shaving my head.  Glad to hear that you are happy with your family and your hairstyle.

Despite shaved heads being more common and acceptable these days, I'm sure a lot of guys struggle with their hair loss and what to do about it.  Taking the step to go bald can be very daunting.  I know I worried about my head shape, what others would think, etc.  Fortunately I took the leap and am glad I did. 

As Reddog said, the site is kind of slow these days.  Many guys who regularly posted when I joined have drifted away.  It's a shame because this site offered great support to others and had other interesting conversations going on as well.

Maybe we can revitalize it?

Semi-Sly:

--- Quote from: Laser Man on February 20, 2024, 02:00:49 PM ---Welcome back! I joined in 2011 when I first contemplated shaving my head.  Glad to hear that you are happy with your family and your hairstyle.

Despite shaved heads being more common and acceptable these days, I'm sure a lot of guys struggle with their hair loss and what to do about it.  Taking the step to go bald can be very daunting.  I know I worried about my head shape, what others would think, etc.  Fortunately I took the leap and am glad I did. 

As Reddog said, the site is kind of slow these days.  Many guys who regularly posted when I joined have drifted away.  It's a shame because this site offered great support to others and had other interesting conversations going on as well.

I agree I hope that this site picks up again because it was very important to me when I first started shaving my head.  When I first started shaving my head it was absolutely not common especially for a guy with a full head of hair then I got a lot of flack for it and the only place I found that people understood my appreciation of a shaved head as a haircut choice was here on this board

Maybe we can revitalize it?

--- End quote ---

chuck63:
I joined this page seven years ago when I was on the fence about keeping my head shaved.  This site is the only forum I?ve ever been a part of that has never had any negativity whatsoever.  That?s unheard of in today?s world. 
I appreciate the positive support and advice I?ve gotten here.  I hope that the page picks up as well.   I?ll try to do my part to keep this site active. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version