New Member Section > Introductions

Introduction

<< < (3/3)

Laser Man:
@ilikeike92  Welcome! You shouldn't worry about a shaved head coming across as "badass" and off-putting at your new job.  The days when a shaved head were confined to skinheads are long gone and a shaved head is acceptable in most if not all business settings.  Also, your new coworkers don't know you, so whichever way you show up, you'll be new to them.  And if they are decent people, they will judge you by how you work and act rather than by your hairstyle.

Since you have a fairly long time window until you start your new job, you can try the fully-shaved look now and if you don't like it, let your hair grow back.  By March, it will be a reasonable length again.  In fact, if you are concerned about how your coworkers will react to your shaved head, you should try it now.  If you like it, you will have time to fully adjust to being bald and will go into your new job with more confidence.

buddha:

--- Quote from: ilikeike92 on December 05, 2023, 05:23:32 PM ---Will I feel like a fake--perhaps trying to look like the "badass" that I am not?
Will I fit in on day one of my new job?

--- End quote ---

In a lot of the pictures and statues of the Buddha he was bald, same thing with Mahatma Gandhi. Badasses in their own way but not the stereotypical badasses.
On day one of the new job possibly very few if any will ever see you with anything but a shaved head so fitting in is totally up to you. Once you're in there you may find that you are more hesitant to shave because everybody's used to seeing you with hair.

ilikeike92:
Thanks

reddog:
Good luck, and keep an open mind. It will be a bit of a shock, but that will quickly pass.

After my first headshave, I thought to myself, well I'm bald and there is nothing you can do about it, so just enjoy it! It was only supposed to be a one time thing, but after the shock wore off later that day, my girlfriend told me she wanted me to keep it shaved because she loved it. I never thought I would keep it, but 10 years later I still love sporting my baldie haircut!

ilikeike92:
Thank you, I am halfway convinced that it is not a big deal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version