Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving

Home made shaving soap.

<< < (2/2)

reddog:
When I first started shaving, my gf  had some bar soap from Bed, Bath and Beyond that was super slippery. She said it had alot of glycerin in it. I liked it, it worked great.

Cave Dweller:
That sounds like some great stuff you got going, Buddha

clint902:
I just use some conditioner on my scalp.  Seems to work great althogh it doens' have to cooling or the scent effect but at lease i get to press down hard and no nicks.  Whatever works , works.

buddha:

--- Quote from: Cave Dweller on November 02, 2023, 08:03:26 PM ---That sounds like some great stuff you got going, Buddha

--- End quote ---

A big advantage to it is the longer I make my own soap the cheaper it gets. I get 4 good sized bars per pound of the glycerin base so 20 bars per block. A 5 pound block goes for $15-20 When I compare that to Dr. Bronner's Castille Soap with the same scent I'm spending about 1/4-1/5 the cost per bar.

buddha:

--- Quote from: clint902 on November 27, 2023, 07:19:38 AM ---I just use some conditioner on my scalp.  Seems to work great althogh it doens' have to cooling or the scent effect but at lease i get to press down hard and no nicks.  Whatever works , works.

--- End quote ---

Haha, I haven't used conditioner since I had hair. You're right, though, about whatever works, works. Part of it for me is I felt like I needed a hobby that I could do indoors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version