New Member Section > Introductions

Hello and introduction

(1/3) > >>

Bencito:
Hi there,

I have been a long-time reader of this forum and finally decided to introduce myself. This forum is a wealth of information for people considering or maintaining the bald look, regardless of whether they are bald by choice or choose to embrace baldness and their hair loss.  I have increased my confidence about the bald look by reading the stories and experiences in this forum.

I like the bald look on other men and think it is a clean, masculine look. I have wanted to shave my head bald for a long time. I shaved my head a few times in the past but never kept it mainly due to the time it took to shave a full head of hair with a razor and other people’s reaction.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, due to the barber shop shut down, I seriously thought of shaving my head again, and asked my barber for a head shave before the shutdown. Since then, I have been shaving my head almost daily and decided to keep it as my look. Sometimes I get the urge to regrow my hair because I still have a full head of hair, especially when I see sharp, short haircuts on other guys. However, after one or two days of stubble, I would be itching to shave my head clean again.

After close to three years of being bald, I am confident enough to make it official. I renewed my driver’s license with my bald picture and asked the registry agent to change the hair colour to bald. I will renew my passport photo in a few years and will have an updated photo to match the bald look.

I use an electric shaver, and it is easy and convenient to maintain the look. I think that I have been saving time and money since adopting the bald look. I use the Andis foil shaver and really like it. I also like the Remington Balder Pro. I use the Nivea Aftershave balm to soothe my scalp. My scalp used to be very itchy and flaky when I had hair during the cold Canadian winter. This problem is almost gone now that I shave my head bald daily.

Razorhead:
@Bencito welcome to the forum. I think you look great with your shaved head. And congratulations on your three year anniversary. I wish we met you earlier! Once you change your drivers license you are official.  when I shaved my full head of hair it was in the early 2000s when a lot of guys were shaving their full heads of hair. It was very fashionable to do so. But I can appreciate the apprehension some full headed hair guys may have today.

But I have regrown my hair to try a haircut trend and then ended up shaving again. I’ve done this repeatedly. I like the flexibility. But I always come back to a shaved head. It’s just easier. I say if you have a full head of hair….enjoy both worlds.

Congrats again. Hope to see you around.

PS…. I like your choices in eyewear!

reddog:
Looking good young man! Welcome to the bald brotherhood, great choice.

slybeard:
Welcome, the shaved head looks great on you!

Semi-Sly:
Yep! Its a keeper!

Congrats and welcome.

Share your journey with us.  Are your friends and family used to the new you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version