Confidence and Success > The (not so) Secret Guide to Gaining Confidence While Going Bald

Significant Others & Mothers | Section 6

<< < (3/3)

Tyler:
17 years of running this site has taught me that 99% of men regretted discussing it with their spouse before shaving as it caused many of them to delay the inevitable. So I stand behind my advice to not discuss it before shaving.

It's also not that big of deal to shave it, regardless of how much hair you start with. Especially nowadays with so many men shaving their head.

Razor X:

--- Quote from: Tyler on September 20, 2023, 02:16:56 AM ---17 years of running this site has taught me that 99% of men regretted discussing it with their spouse before shaving as it caused many of them to delay the inevitable. So I stand behind my advice to not discuss it before shaving.

--- End quote ---

I agree. They will only try to talk you out if it.

--- Quote from: Tyler on September 20, 2023, 02:16:56 AM ---
It's also not that big of deal to shave it, regardless of how much hair you start with. Especially nowadays with so many men shaving their head.

--- End quote ---

It’s a bigger deal than I thought it would be by now.  I thought we’d reached a point where it wasn’t a big deal, but a lot of younger guys still struggle with taking the plunge.  They have more options than the generations that preceded them but a lot of them still find it difficult.

I always say that I’d love to be a 20 year old with a shaved head today.   When I actually was 20 years old, it wasn’t considered an acceptable look.  It’s different nowadays and I think it would be great to be able to get used to the look while still in college where there is a lot of leeway to experiment with one’s personal appearance before venturing out into the working world.  But I suppose someone my age looking back, looks at it differently than someone who is that age and currently going through it.

Razorhead:
@Razor X  you make so many great points. I think we spend way too much time trying to please others and not ourselves. Like you I probably would have buzzed or shaved my head a lot sooner. And at least gotten more adventurous haircuts like a mullet or a Mohawk. Shaving your head is just another haircut. And personally I found it liberating when I did the deed.I’ve only received a lot of compliments and only one person who didn’t like it. When I had a “normal” haircut, people would only make comments like “your hair is turning very grey. You should try coloring it” or “your hair is so boofy in front” or “who cut your hair and why is that piece there”. Ugh…..shaving it was life changing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version