Confidence and Success > The (not so) Secret Guide to Gaining Confidence While Going Bald

Significant Others & Mothers | Section 6

(1/3) > >>

Tyler:
DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT ask your significant other or your mother for permission to shave your head. IT’S NOT THEIR DECISION! IT’S YOUR DECISION! Don’t even talk about it with them before you do. Trust me and the thousands of guys before you that have learned this lesson.

These are the two people in your life that will be the most resistant to you shaving your head. God only knows why this is the case, but it’s a truth that you need to be aware of. In the end they will be much happier when you have increased confidence, but early on they are likely going to be the people that make a negative comment. Be prepared for it and be prepared to let it roll off you like water to Teflon. A quick retort that you can use is, “What? You don’t want me looking like a bad ass?” with a smirk on your face and a wink.

reddog:
I didn't ask for permission from my significant other, but I discussed getting a buzzcut with her. Of course she was not supportive of that! So the next morning I gave myself a very short buzzcut, didn't like it, so I razor shaved it. After the initial shock, she told me later that day she loved it, and wanted me to keep it shaved bald!

chuck63:
Before I shaved my head for the first time seven years ago, I talked to my wife about it and she was supportive.  I’m glad, because I wouldn’t have shaved if she didn’t want me to. 

Tyler:

--- Quote from: chuck63 on September 17, 2023, 08:00:52 AM ---Before I shaved my head for the first time seven years ago, I talked to my wife about it and she was supportive.  I’m glad, because I wouldn’t have shaved if she didn’t want me to.

--- End quote ---

That's why I say to not ask. If she would have objected you wouldn't be as happy as you are today.

Many men will put their own needs aside to appease their wife or lover in the short-term. The problem is that over time that an cause resentment and break down the relationship because the man's confidence continues to erode.

Razorhead:
I am happy that I was just lucky. My mother never liked my hair, not even a buzzcut, and always had a comment on it. And  not that I ever had a wild haircut. When I shaved it off she just liked it and it was like nothing happened. My partner met me when I was bald, so it was never an issue. At times when I grew my hair and was getting the itch to shave again, I did give a heads up and just did it. 

But I agree. If you want to shave just do it. You don’t need permission.  It’s just hair and it will grow back. Something sparked the idea in your head whether if it’s dealing with hair loss or you just don’t like your hair to begin with. Once you get the idea, its like a bug that’s tough to let go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version