Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving

Go to Barber to headshave

(1/3) > >>

Iggy49802:
Hey Everyone! ,
     Have no been on here for awhile and thinking of shaving my again. Have a full thick head of hair , and sort of miss my bald head but been told I don't look right. Thinking of going to my barbers to shave my head.Anyone else go to barber to shave their head?

DoberDaddy:
I always had better results at home.

reddog:
I've had a barbershop headshave a few times. While I can shave a little smoother at home, A barbershop shave is a wonderful experience! Especially with a full head old hair, you can walk in hairy and walk out shaved smooth. Go for it!

cmac:
I recently got my head shaved at a veteran ran barbershop to start being sly. One of the best haircut experiences i have had, and likely my last. It was a great way to start being sly and i did not have to worry about cleaning up the hair. I would go for it!

Razorhead:
I think a barbershop head shave can be fun and relaxing. The end result however can also be disappointing as it’s not the smoothest shave.

one barber I went to was pretty detailed. Clipper shaved the head. Then applied a lotion with hot towel and head massage. Applied more lotion and then shaving cream. Then straight razor. Then another hot towel and witch hazel to cleanup. The head is also shaved with a a foil razor for ultimate smoothness. The foil shaver may happen right after the clipper shave but I don’t remember. This leaves the head smooth. I don’t recall if the shave is against the grain or not. I’m thinking not because the foil shaver is used.

Just using clippers, hot towel and then shave can leave the head a little rough feeling. It’s similar to how barbers shave your face. Not always the best shave.

I think it’s worth the trip to the barbers as an experience but don’t expect the same smooth shave you give yourself at home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version