Author Topic: Nice to hear!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Nice to hear!
« on: May 23, 2023, 11:34:09 AM »
I just went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, and as I was walking back to my car, an older guys flagged me down. He was absolutely impressed by my bald head. He complimented me several times, then asked a few questions about how I keep it so smooth. He kept telling me how great it looked, and that he just loved it. He said he tries to keep his shaved, but he gets irritation.

Now, at my age, I really don't care what anyone thinks about my choice of haircut, but sometimes it's very nice to hear a compliment. I shook hands with the gentleman, and thanked him!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Re: Nice to hear!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:06:35 AM »
It's nice to hear compliments about your shaved head, specially from others bald guys.

Makes me feel proud of my "haircut".

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 06:22:02 AM »
I really don't care what anyone thinks about my choice of haircut, but sometimes it's very nice to hear a compliment.

I don't think we ever get too old to appreciate a compliment!
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 06:33:19 AM »
I have a friend who’s kept a shaved head for at least fifteen years.  I remember him saying that having a bald head makes him feel clean and I can relate to that.   I ran into him and his wife at dinner a couple of weeks ago and we complimented each other on our haircuts!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 10:41:44 AM »
I have a friend that has mentioned he likes my haircut. He is rapidly balding and recently told me he would like to shave his head, but he thinks his head has too many "dents". I think I'm going to tell him if he ever decides to try it, I will do the honors and shave it for him.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 12:46:57 PM »
That is a common fear - that we have too many dents or odd shapes.  But that is just the way human skulls are shaped.  No two are exactly the same, but none are perfectly smooth and round.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 01:08:39 PM »
A couple of gals complimented my haircut.  One of them said "If I ever shave my head, I want you to do it because yours looks so good!".  One bald guy complimented me and said I was looking pretty sharp!  Those are the only compliments I've gotten so far.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 05:51:11 AM »
I attended our weekly classic car cruise-in yesterday, and I can't believe the number of guys with shaved heads! At least 25-30 guys of all ages. Mostly men over 60. There is no doubt that a smooth shaved head is a very popular style and increasing in numbers. Holy cow, it was like a bald convention!

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 06:44:48 AM »
I have a friend that has mentioned he likes my haircut. He is rapidly balding and recently told me he would like to shave his head, but he thinks his head has too many "dents". I think I'm going to tell him if he ever decides to try it, I will do the honors and shave it for him.

Sometimes all you need is a little push to finally take the decision.