Author Topic: Same as you.  (Read 4787 times)

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
Same as you.
« on: May 20, 2023, 07:12:58 AM »
  I've been working as a barber for the last 3 years and once in a while a customer ask me to shave him bald.

Last week,I was about to finish the haircut of a man with wavy-curly hair,when he suddenly say "take it all off,same as you" I can't believe that someone with such beautiful hair wanted to look like a cueball,but didn't hesitate and run the bare clippers right in the middle of his head, followed by foam and the straight razor. 

During the shave,he had a blank expression on his face, looked numb and didn't changed until I put the aftershave "there you go,bald as the barber",he immediately rub his now bare dome and smiled.

Apparently he wanted to be bald for a long time and I inspired him that day.

Anyone here is also a barber or has inspired other to be bald?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Same as you.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 12:20:05 PM »
I'm not a barber, but many years ago, I had a regular haircut and decided to make a big change and get a short flattop. I found a barbershop that advertised as a "flattop expert". So there were a couple guys in front of me, and the guy right before me got a killer short flattop. So when I got in the chair and the barber asked how I wanted it, I just said " same as the last guy"! Man, I was nervous, but he did a great job, and I kept the flattop for several years.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2023, 10:20:59 PM »
  I've been working as a barber for the last 3 years and once in a while a customer ask me to shave him bald.

Last week,I was about to finish the haircut of a man with wavy-curly hair,when he suddenly say "take it all off,same as you" I can't believe that someone with such beautiful hair wanted to look like a cueball,but didn't hesitate and run the bare clippers right in the middle of his head, followed by foam and the straight razor. 

During the shave,he had a blank expression on his face, looked numb and didn't changed until I put the aftershave "there you go,bald as the barber",he immediately rub his now bare dome and smiled.

Some of my friends were inspired by me to shave their heads. They go along with a buzzcut though, not cueball, but I think it's still something :D

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 09:12:36 AM »
(read 136 times)

There's a lot of lurkers here.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 09:53:19 AM »
@Barbero Pelón  didn’t know you were a barber! I’ve always found it ironic that my best barbers were bald headed and shaved. Glad you inspired a customer.

But the  customer before you can be the best inspiration. Like @reddog i always wanted a flattop. Every time  i went to my barber I wanted to ask for one but chickened out. Until one time, the barber was  finishing up the flattop with the guy before me. He pulled the sheet off him brushed him off and called me to his chair. Within a matter of minutes I was caped up and being asked what I wanted and I finally blurted out….”a flattop”. The other time a customer inspired me…. I really did t know what I wanted and just said “like the guy before me”. It was a zero buzzcut. I was happy!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 09:56:00 AM »
@Barbero Pelón yeah there are a lot of lurkers! They should share their stories.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 10:20:40 AM »
@Barbero Pelón  didn’t know you were a barber! I’ve always found it ironic that my best barbers were bald headed and shaved. Glad you inspired a customer.

But the  customer before you can be the best inspiration. Like @reddog i always wanted a flattop. Every time  i went to my barber I wanted to ask for one but chickened out. Until one time, the barber was  finishing up the flattop with the guy before me. He pulled the sheet off him brushed him off and called me to his chair. Within a matter of minutes I was caped up and being asked what I wanted and I finally blurted out….”a flattop”. The other time a customer inspired me…. I really did t know what I wanted and just said “like the guy before me”. It was a zero buzzcut. I was happy!

Haha,bald barbers are a walking talking irony.

Yeah,see the barber or the customer before you with the exact same haircut that you always wanted,is a signal that you need to go for it.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 10:22:41 AM by Barbero Pelón »

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 10:26:03 AM »
@Barbero Pelón yeah there are a lot of lurkers! They should share their stories.

I agree,even if they're not about being full shaved,but the time that were close to or have an extreme haircut is interesting to read.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 10:30:23 AM »

Some of my friends were inspired by me to shave their heads. They go along with a buzzcut though, not cueball, but I think it's still something :D

That counts my friend,they see you rocking the bald head and went curious. That how most cueballs started haha.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 10:39:57 AM »
I'm not a barber, but many years ago, I had a regular haircut and decided to make a big change and get a short flattop. I found a barbershop that advertised as a "flattop expert". So there were a couple guys in front of me, and the guy right before me got a killer short flattop. So when I got in the chair and the barber asked how I wanted it, I just said " same as the last guy"! Man, I was nervous, but he did a great job, and I kept the flattop for several years.

Every barber have a strong point or technique,love when they're confident enough to merchandise themself as "expert"

Did you see that guy with the extra short flattop again?

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 12:15:18 PM »

That counts my friend,they see you rocking the bald head and went curious. That how most cueballs started haha.

@Barbero Pelón ……Couldn’t agree more about the buzzcut building the curiosity. That’s how I started…..with a #4 buzzcut. Next cut, I went back to the same barber. He argued with me and said that he gave me a #2 the last time. we went back and forth. I gave in to the #2. I sat there in the chair and when he was done, I thought it didn’t look any different. That’s sitting far from the mirror without any bright lighting. I get to my car, put the visor down and looked in the mirror. And realized I really got scalped with the #2…I saw my scalp peaking through. I was shocked but excited about the results. After that I went shorter and shorter to the point where I would go to the barbers and they would ask ‘zero all over?’

Eventually I got the courage to do my first shave. A shave and a Zero buzz …. Not the same. Lol.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 06:30:34 AM »
Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have gone to a barbershop for my first headshave. I decided to get out the Clippers and give myself a buzzcut. I didn't like what I saw, so I just kept going shorter and shorter until I took the 0000 blade to it. So once it was stubble, I got in the shower and took a razor to it. It would have been great to have a barber shave my full head of hair, and turn the chair to the mirror to show the new bald me!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 10:04:36 AM »

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 10:31:26 AM »
Knowing what I know now…

I would have started my buzzcut, flattop and head shave journey a lot earlier in life. 😄

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 04:44:31 PM »
After I razor shaved I inspired a friend to let me buzz their hair off, couldn't convince them to go full cueball but took it all down to a #1 from a full manbun . Another friend however showed up to an event a week later with a smooth dome and credited me, they said they had always wanted to do it and wanted a restart.  I really was trying to find a bald barber here for my first shave but couldn't, barber shaves are never as smooth as i'd like. I hope to find a good turkish barber someday as they shave both ways to get rid of the stubble

Enter your email address: