Author Topic: Hi y'all!  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Bbc25m

• Learning the way of Sly
Hi y'all!
« on: May 04, 2023, 03:17:37 AM »
Hi y'all, I found this forum a week or so ago and have been lurking since.
For some general info, I'm male, in my mid twenties, and do not have any natural hair loss that I am aware of.
I had long hair from middle school through twenty-eighteen/nineteen when I transitioned into buzzcuts. About a year or two ago, during the early pandemic days, I experimented and shaved with a razor and found the experience of having a smooth head to be enjoyable. For the last six months, I've been shaving as often as I remember and have found the idea of going back to much more than a buzzcut to be increasingly unattractive.
My current aspiration is to get rid of the shadow, at least for a while. I have researched waxing, sugar waxing, tweezing, and epilating but I've had trouble finding much information on their use on scalps. I realize this sounds very silly for a bbc guy to say so relatively early, but I even find the permanence of laser to be appealing.
So yeah, that's me. I'll try to be an active and supportive member of the community and hopefully learn some better techniques here. :- )

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Hi y'all!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 06:31:28 AM »
There are guys the tweeze, but that can be very painful and take some time for a guy with a full head of hair.  And some guys transition to waxing after some time tweezing, but i don't think waxing a full head of thick scalp hair is advisable.  But you said one thing that gave me a pause:

"My current aspiration is to get rid of the shadow, at least for a while."

You must be sure you want this permanently.  Although any of the options you do, some hair may return, but not to the thickness and fullness you have now.  Another thing I will add is this:  Once your hair turns gray, the shadow will disappear.  If you have any signs that graying has started, or you have family members that starting going gray early, your issues may be solved naturally in a few years.

Please post a phot after a fresh shave so we can see the shadow you have.  BTW - some guys, even with darker hair, can look almost shadow free with a fresh and close shave.  So maybe a better shaving routine would help.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:48:37 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Bbc25m

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 06:36:34 PM »
Actually looking at the picture, I guess I was being dramatic. It really isn't bad at all. I usually do it in the evenings so I guess by the time I get back the next afternoon it's a little darker and I was mixing it up in my head.
To your point about permanence, you're definitely right; I'll hold off on doing more than shaving until I've shaved through another winter or two.
For the greying, I don't know what my disposition is there, haha.
Thanks so much for the reply and sorry for the delayed response.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 07:39:03 AM »
@Bbc25m , I think that's A darn good looking bald head! Very nice head shape. One suggestion, if you get a little tan on your head, the shadow would be much less noticeable. Again, you look awesome with a shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 08:18:10 AM »
Actually looking at the picture, I guess I was being dramatic. It really isn't bad at all. I usually do it in the evenings so I guess by the time I get back the next afternoon it's a little darker and I was mixing it up in my head.
To your point about permanence, you're definitely right; I'll hold off on doing more than shaving until I've shaved through another winter or two.
For the greying, I don't know what my disposition is there, haha.
Thanks so much for the reply and sorry for the delayed response.

Wow you look great! And I think that by having the shadow you’re actually making a statement - it makes it quite obvious that you’re shaving your head because it is a hairstyle that you CHOOSE  and not because you are a so-called VICTIM  of hair loss!  Your current look is a very bold statement!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 08:29:41 PM »
Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2023, 07:43:55 PM »
@Bbc25m  you have a great looking bald head. The shadow will always be there. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Personally I like the shadow with a full head of hair. To me it says the guy is more ballsy. Sugaring, waxing, tweezing is something you should not do. You may could damage your follicles and thin the hair and it may not grow back as full. To keep your head smooth does require some work….you need to shave everyday. But the routine does get faster with experience.

Agreed on the tanning to even the skin tone out. Just wear sunscreen. A sun burnt head looks bad and feels worse.