Author Topic: Go to Barber to headshave  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Iggy49802

• Learning the way of Sly
Go to Barber to headshave
« on: July 24, 2023, 08:31:58 PM »
Hey Everyone! ,
     Have no been on here for awhile and thinking of shaving my again. Have a full thick head of hair , and sort of miss my bald head but been told I don't look right. Thinking of going to my barbers to shave my head.Anyone else go to barber to shave their head?

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Go to Barber to headshave
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:58:05 AM »
I always had better results at home.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 06:05:40 AM »
I've had a barbershop headshave a few times. While I can shave a little smoother at home, A barbershop shave is a wonderful experience! Especially with a full head old hair, you can walk in hairy and walk out shaved smooth. Go for it!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline cmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 04:36:29 PM »
I recently got my head shaved at a veteran ran barbershop to start being sly. One of the best haircut experiences i have had, and likely my last. It was a great way to start being sly and i did not have to worry about cleaning up the hair. I would go for it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 08:54:05 AM »
I think a barbershop head shave can be fun and relaxing. The end result however can also be disappointing as it’s not the smoothest shave.

one barber I went to was pretty detailed. Clipper shaved the head. Then applied a lotion with hot towel and head massage. Applied more lotion and then shaving cream. Then straight razor. Then another hot towel and witch hazel to cleanup. The head is also shaved with a a foil razor for ultimate smoothness. The foil shaver may happen right after the clipper shave but I don’t remember. This leaves the head smooth. I don’t recall if the shave is against the grain or not. I’m thinking not because the foil shaver is used.

Just using clippers, hot towel and then shave can leave the head a little rough feeling. It’s similar to how barbers shave your face. Not always the best shave.

I think it’s worth the trip to the barbers as an experience but don’t expect the same smooth shave you give yourself at home.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 08:56:22 AM by Razorhead »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »
For the initial shave off it’s fun and relaxing to go to the barber but you will be able to actually get it smoother yourself the next day at home

And Who are the “they” that telling you not to cut your hair?
You mustn’t allow other people to impose their own haircut choices on you!

Why don’t you post some pics on your site how you look now are you look for last time you shaved your head you get impatient guys like us consideration head to be just another haircut choice?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 01:55:48 PM »
I agree, I wish I would have had a barber shave my head the first time. It would have been fun to hop in the chair and say give me a headshave! Who knows, I might have chickened out on the way to the barbershop. My first shave, I got up at 5am, walked into the bathroom, got out the clippers and proceeded to buzz my head. I really didn't like the buzzcut, so I got in the shower with a fresh razor and went to work. When I looked in the mirror, I really liked what I saw.

Offline Iggy49802

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 09:00:01 PM »
This is a pic of me with hair and shaved. Though I like to get a smoother head when shaving . Hopefully the barber can get it super smooth for me.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 06:47:33 AM »
@Iggy49802 , wow that might be the fullest head of hair I've ever seen! I'm sure people have a hard time understanding why you would shave it off! Luckily today a shaved head is just another hairstyle, and I think it looks awesome on you. Yeah, you probably will have to live with the shadow, well at least until you go grey or lose your hair. I like the shadow, everyone can tell you're bald by choice!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 11:25:52 PM »
Well I think that “they” are all wrong!  True you have a very full head of hair but I can see it’s basically one big colic and there wasn’t much you could do with it other than a flat top or a buzz cut.

I think you look perfectly great with a shaved head and if it makes you feel good that’s a Haircut you should choose!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2023, 05:39:51 AM »
Cowlic! You want to hope he doesn't have colic!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2023, 11:43:02 AM »
Cowlic! You want to hope he doesn't have colic!

Ha ha.  “Colic” appears to be how autocorrect respells “cowlick”

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2023, 02:40:22 AM »
 8)

Enter your email address: