Author Topic: Anyone one old enough to remember being told "Get a haircut" as a kid/teen?  (Read 7514 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
@Semi-Sly , I'm 69. I think hienie  was a term for a German.
Yes you’re right “heinie” Was a slang word for someone of German origin. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
I was thinking about Yul Brenner and Telly Savalas wearing a shaved head back in the 60's. I wonder why headshaving didn't become a trend? While they got a ton of publicity for choosing to stay completely bald, it never caught on with men. I guess it was because that's when long hair was becoming the new hot trend. Darn those Beatles!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
If you were significantly balding anyway, you might have gotten away with a shaved head back then, but it would have been considered a real oddity for anyone to shave a non-balding scalp.  Yul and Telly were notable exceptions.  Other than them, I can’t think of any time prior to the mid-1990s, when a shaved head was considered desirable or fashionable.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
I just watched an old rerun of Dean Martin's celebrity roast of Telly Savalas. There were several jokes about his shaved head. Someone also mentioned that women were nuts about him, and his bald head made him a sex symbol.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: