Author Topic: Ten year baldiversary, at a crossroads.  (Read 2856 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Ten year baldiversary, at a crossroads.
« on: March 11, 2023, 01:10:29 PM »
The first week of June will be my 10 year anniversary and I'm considering a couple things.

After 10 years, I'm considering stopping shaving while I still have a mostly full head of hair. I've tried numerous times to grow it back, but seldom made it past a few weeks. It would take a great amount of willpower, especially in the summer! It would be cool to  get a flattop from a good barber.

Or I could stop shaving for a couple of months and get a barbershop headshave on my anniversary to celebrate. There is a lady barber near me that does shaves, and I've never had a gal shave me bald.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Ten year baldiversary, at a crossroads.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 11:11:26 AM »
Why not have your cake and eat it too?

Go for the pampered shave on your birthday and afterwords grow it out and sport a flattop for six months or so?

Have some fun with it while you can

Do you want even want to try a bad ass mohawk after the flat top!  There’s even a video on YouTube about a flat topped Mohawk!  Way Cool!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
@Semi-Sly , thanks for the suggestions. Food for thought!

I'm also thinking if I start growing now, it would be about 12weeks to my anniversary, and I could get a nice flattop by then. The lady barber I mentioned does a killer flattop. I've seen her work, and it is outstanding. Then later in the summer, I can go back to her for a smooth headshave.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 06:41:49 AM »
Wow 10 yrs! Congratulations. It seems like so much longer. When to grow and when to shave…..my only advice is to think about tan lines when you go to shave as we head into summer.

Plus why not celebrate 10 yrs of baldness with a nice head shave!

But enjoy the flattop. Best haircut ever.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 12:31:32 PM by Razorhead »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
Congratulations on the 10 years.

I often think that if I had hair, there are several styles I would like to "try out" on myself.  Some would take some time and effort, but I think they would be fun.

Tight fade side part - the modern version of a classic.

A Mohawk - kind-of old school edgy.

An undercut, shaved sides and longer top.  Similar to our own @DoberDaddy 's hairpiece.  Also very similar to the mohawk in cut, just styled differently.

And this one would take a long time - a Mullet.

And of course, a Flattop (your own photos are my best example)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 11:54:38 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 08:41:50 AM »
10... wow, I think I am at like... 29. LOL

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023, 04:06:35 PM »
Congrats, I’m almost 12 1/2 months to 20 years, this year, I budgeted for four barbershop shaves with a straight razor, forgot to shave past 3 days, so I had my head shaved at the barbershop today , and I have one scheduled for April 6th close to my 19th bald anniversary

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2023, 10:06:16 PM »
Congratulations!!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2023, 10:33:27 PM »
Thirty years ago it was becoming fashionable again for guys to buzz off most of their hair when the weather got warmer and sport a flattop for the summer.   I remember really wanting to do it, but I never did.  It just seemed so drastic. 

I used to regret not giving it a try while I still had the chance, but not anymore.  Perhaps I’m being influenced by my lack of options but all I really want now is to be bald.  Having to grow back any amount of hair would be a huge sacrifice, and I’m glad I can’t because it means no one will ever pressure me into it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2023, 06:38:01 AM »
Well, I was almost 3 weeks of growing hair, and it was actually looking pretty good, but yesterday the back of my head broke out really bad with the foliculitis that I get when I don't shave. So last night I shaved the sides and back. I didn't  like the hair just on top, so this morning I shaved my head smooth. I don't know why I even try growing hair, it never turns out good.

Anyway, it feels great to be shaved bald again. I also trimmed the beard back to a goatee, and went short with that. Got all cleaned up for spring!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 09:15:35 PM »
@reddog It’s tough to stay away fro pm being bald. We always come back. You just can beat a shaved head. I’m the same way, sometimes I’ll grow it and I just have to break out the razor at some point. Maybe we weren’t meant to have hair - LOL.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2023, 07:24:01 AM »
@Razorhead , I think you're right, we're just destined to be bald! I just have to stop trying to grow hair back, only to be disappointed.

Oh well, luckily I thoroughly enjoy having a smooth bald head. It surely feels great.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2023, 07:23:34 PM »
I went the entire weekend without shaving my head.  By Sunday evening I was really struggling but it was too late in the day to shave.  It was a great relief to get rid of all the stubble this morning.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2023, 01:22:12 AM »
lol there must be something in the air, i went a week without shaving, not sure why, but now back to sly  O0

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2023, 05:17:29 AM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a bit of an obsession about keeping a smooth head!

By the way, the breakout on the back of my head has cleared up in three days. I just can't figure out why shaving is the only way stop this affliction! I guess its mother nature's way of telling me I'm destined to keep my head shaved.

Enter your email address: