Author Topic: it's ALL good !  (Read 2775 times)

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
it's ALL good !
« on: February 03, 2023, 02:24:22 PM »
I love everything about being bald. Everything! To me, there are no disadvantages....zero! Nothing like running your hand over your bald head and feeling skin. It feels so natural to me........ O0

I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: it's ALL good !
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 04:47:43 PM »
I pretty much agree, except when you live in the Great White North, these 15 degrees below zero days are cold on the noggin! Ite worth it though when you run a hand over your freshly shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:07:03 PM »
Definitely no disadvantages to being bald. Just remember to use sunscreen in the summer and striving for perfection on shaving a tiny rough spot  might lead to a rash.  Even one day of stubble and trying to put on a knit hat is something I can live with although it’s like Velcro. I agree…..it’s not so much the look but the smooth feel.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 09:26:53 AM »
I love the smooth feel as well.  I shave my head in the shower late in the afternoon after work and exercising.  I just wish it lasted longer.   I go to bed with a smooth head and wake up with it feeling like sandpaper.

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 10:59:32 AM »
Definitely no disadvantages to being bald. Just remember to use sunscreen in the summer and striving for perfection on shaving a tiny rough spot  might lead to a rash.  Even one day of stubble and trying to put on a knit hat is something I can live with although it’s like Velcro. I agree…..it’s not so much the look but the smooth feel.

I'm bad at remembering that sunscreen thing, hope to do better this coming summer.
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 02:12:00 AM »
I love everything about being bald. Everything! To me, there are no disadvantages....zero! Nothing like running your hand over your bald head and feeling skin. It feels so natural to me........ O0

the only disadvantage for me is that my hair grows so quickly that after 24hrs my head and face is already rough... I wish I could maintain no hairshadow and no roughness for a much longer time

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 09:51:23 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , you could think about laser hair removal. I first shaved my head at 59yo, and I was completely white haired, so it wasn't an option for me. With your dark hair you could do it, but at your young age, you would have to make sure you want to be permanently bald. If they came up with a way to laser white hair, I would definitely consider it!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 11:21:31 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , you could think about laser hair removal. I first shaved my head at 59yo, and I was completely white haired, so it wasn't an option for me. With your dark hair you could do it, but at your young age, you would have to make sure you want to be permanently bald. If they came up with a way to laser white hair, I would definitely consider it!

Well I think sometimes about it because there is no way I will retain maintain any of my hair any longer, but I think that summer is approaching so I am gonna get a tan and my hairloss will be far less noticeable. What would truly help me, though, would be anything that slows down hair growth :D

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 04:49:54 PM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , your right in general the DE blades don’t last as long as most cartilage razors . If ordered online the price is very reasonable. For me the extra time for shaving my head with a DE is not worth it.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2023, 04:34:16 AM »

Well I think sometimes about it because there is no way I will retain maintain any of my hair any longer, but I think that summer is approaching so I am gonna get a tan and my hairloss will be far less noticeable. What would truly help me, though, would be anything that slows down hair growth :D

Just Remember that you have to do the laser thing while your hair is all still dark.  Any hairs that have gone gray will not be affected by the laser and you will have those forever

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
Even one day of stubble and trying to put on a knit hat is something I can live with although it’s like Velcro.

I find this helpful in keeping a hat on my head in high wind.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Enter your email address: