Author Topic: Shawn Mendes  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Shawn Mendes
« on: January 09, 2023, 04:41:03 PM »

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: Shawn Mendes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 04:57:24 AM »
I love how some of the comments on that story even pointed out it’s not a shaved head. More like a long buzz cut with a #4.

To me shaved, happens either as a clipper shave with one of the zero blade attachments or no plastic guard attachment on your clippers. Or it’s with a razor.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 05:05:30 AM by Razorhead »

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 07:10:03 AM »
It always get to me when the media makes a short haircut into a shaved head story.  It is not even short enough to be a true crew cut.  Like @Razorhead said, a shaved head is when there is no visible hair remaining other than some shadow or stubble), zero guard or razor blade.  I sometimes even have a hard time calling a zero guard a head shave, although some zero guards are very close now.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 12:45:19 PM »
It’s bad enough when they call a #1 buzz or a zero-guard cut a shave. But what this guy has is not even all that short!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 05:45:27 PM »
I don't know who that guy is and he certainly didn't shave his head.  Looks like a full head of hair to me!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 09:47:20 PM »
Who is he?  He’s just another self-centered self aggrandizing so-called social media “influencer“.  You’re supposed to care about what he thinks just like you’re supposed to give a flying F——k About with the Kardashians think!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 04:34:52 AM »
He is a Canadian singer.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 05:33:10 AM »
I always said “clipper shaved” when I used a zero or no guard. But when I was doing that that and then lathered up my head and used a razor for the first time, whoa! There is a difference! Going from 1/16” of hair to razor shaved smooth definitely has a different effect when you didn’t think there would be. The smoothness, the shininess can’t be beat.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 05:36:06 AM by Razorhead »

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 12:30:49 PM »
I'm trying to do the math but I figure the growth at about 1/8 inch a week so 1/4 every two weeks.  Maybe 1/2 inch a month so 1 inch every two months.  I'd have to let mine grow for maybe 3 months to get my hair that long.  Shaven?  Sounds like media sensationalism to me.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 08:49:10 AM »
I mean, hand me a pair of clippers I can make that shaved for him if he wants to say it's shaved  :*))

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 02:06:16 PM »
I mean, hand me a pair of clippers I can make that shaved for him if he wants to say it's shaved  :*))
Well, the guy likes what he likes but I was thinking a lawnmower might help a little more than the clippers would!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023, 02:52:06 PM »
Maybe he will catch the bug and get curious about what the next shorter clipper attachment would look like.  :)

Many of us got started that way. I mean what’s the harm in going from a #4 to a #3 then eventually work your way down to 0 and then ‘why not shave’.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2023, 03:35:40 PM »
Maybe he will catch the bug and get curious about what the next shorter clipper attachment would look like.  :)

Many of us got started that way. I mean what’s the harm in going from a #4 to a #3 then eventually work your way down to 0 and then ‘why not shave’.
Yeah, I know how that goes but it really bothers me when someone claims to have shaved their head while sporting a full head of hair.  A lot of things don't make sense to me but that's one of em!  Shaven means shaven and can have no other meaning.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023, 06:03:07 AM »
To be fair, this was Yahoo... no comment was made by the actual haircut recipient. People (magazine) said he got a buzz cut.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2023, 06:22:00 AM »
True, in this case (and others I have read), it is the media that uses the term "shaved" for a short haircut. I think it is just click bait.
SlyBeard