Author Topic: ALRIGHT I USE DE NOW AND HERE IS MY OPINION  (Read 2157 times)

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
ALRIGHT I USE DE NOW AND HERE IS MY OPINION
« on: January 01, 2023, 12:55:57 PM »
It gives much better shave, I am nicking myself tho. On my head certainly worth it, it's harder to use on my face tho. The worst part is my neck, I keep nicking myself there and it's very painful and inefficient. What could I be doing wrong? I use shaving cream and hot towel so idk what is going wrong.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: ALRIGHT I USE DE NOW AND HERE IS MY OPINION
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 01:27:56 PM »
I use my DE once in a,while. There is always a chance to get a nick with a DE. It's all about the angle, so you have to take your time. The only time I have a problem now is when I lose my concentration. If I have a problem area, I just move on, then at the end I go over it with a regular razor.

Congratulations on sticking with the shaving! There is definitely a learning curve when headshaving, especially when using different razors.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:00:15 AM »
The face and neck is harder to shave than the scalp.  The face and neck have more contours to it.  As for the nicks, I think getting used to the de is important and takes time and patience.  I don't get nicks any more but I used to.  The neck part is what I always manage to wreck no matter how hard I try.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 05:54:19 AM »
I use my DE once in a,while. There is always a chance to get a nick with a DE. It's all about the angle, so you have to take your time. The only time I have a problem now is when I lose my concentration. If I have a problem area, I just move on, then at the end I go over it with a regular razor.

Congratulations on sticking with the shaving! There is definitely a learning curve when headshaving, especially when using different razors.

Soon it's gonna be a full year of shaving, with cartridge razors shaving is too easy. Safety razors offer better shave quality and in few years I am going to live on my own so I want to use cheaper methods. I wonder if I can manage to become so skilled in DE that mirror will not be needed :D

The face and neck is harder to shave than the scalp.  The face and neck have more contours to it.  As for the nicks, I think getting used to the de is important and takes time and patience.  I don't get nicks any more but I used to.  The neck part is what I always manage to wreck no matter how hard I try.

Yeah this is funny, because my parents advised me not to use DE razor on my scalp when it's actually face/neck I got red from blood. I have some degree of patience but it's harder every time you nick yourself

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023, 02:31:42 PM »
I learned to shave with a DE , cartridge was not yet invented. Face shaving with a DE is OK not my favorite method, but head shaving with it takes too  long and who needs the cuts.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 11:30:07 AM »
I learned to shave with a DE , cartridge was not yet invented. Face shaving with a DE is OK not my favorite method, but head shaving with it takes too  long and who needs the cuts.

I use my father's or grandfather's DE, nowadays nicking and cutting is rare and head shaving with it is pure pleasure. Only downside? Razor lasts only two uses (face+head shaving)

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023, 02:48:07 PM »
It gives much better shave, I am nicking myself tho. On my head certainly worth it, it's harder to use on my face tho. The worst part is my neck, I keep nicking myself there and it's very painful and inefficient. What could I be doing wrong? I use shaving cream and hot towel so idk what is going wrong.

Try a Shaving Cube 2.0 from Phoenix Shaving before hand. I soap up my face and head, wash it off then soap up again before putting my daily choice of shave cream on. I like their shaving soaps with their CK-6 formulas.

The Cube pre-shave soap replaces shave oil and seems to add just enough slickness to my head and face where I have never nicked myself again.

Cheers
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 12:08:52 PM »
You might be a bit heavy handed , try a lighter touch. Make sure your skin is well lubricated.  And don’t rush.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."