Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Safety Razor Head Shaving

ALRIGHT I USE DE NOW AND HERE IS MY OPINION

(1/2) > >>

BaldBlindAt20:
It gives much better shave, I am nicking myself tho. On my head certainly worth it, it's harder to use on my face tho. The worst part is my neck, I keep nicking myself there and it's very painful and inefficient. What could I be doing wrong? I use shaving cream and hot towel so idk what is going wrong.

reddog:
I use my DE once in a,while. There is always a chance to get a nick with a DE. It's all about the angle, so you have to take your time. The only time I have a problem now is when I lose my concentration. If I have a problem area, I just move on, then at the end I go over it with a regular razor.

Congratulations on sticking with the shaving! There is definitely a learning curve when headshaving, especially when using different razors.

clint902:
The face and neck is harder to shave than the scalp.  The face and neck have more contours to it.  As for the nicks, I think getting used to the de is important and takes time and patience.  I don't get nicks any more but I used to.  The neck part is what I always manage to wreck no matter how hard I try.

BaldBlindAt20:

--- Quote from: reddog on January 01, 2023, 01:27:56 PM ---I use my DE once in a,while. There is always a chance to get a nick with a DE. It's all about the angle, so you have to take your time. The only time I have a problem now is when I lose my concentration. If I have a problem area, I just move on, then at the end I go over it with a regular razor.

Congratulations on sticking with the shaving! There is definitely a learning curve when headshaving, especially when using different razors.

--- End quote ---

Soon it's gonna be a full year of shaving, with cartridge razors shaving is too easy. Safety razors offer better shave quality and in few years I am going to live on my own so I want to use cheaper methods. I wonder if I can manage to become so skilled in DE that mirror will not be needed :D

--- Quote from: clint902 on January 02, 2023, 07:00:15 AM ---The face and neck is harder to shave than the scalp.  The face and neck have more contours to it.  As for the nicks, I think getting used to the de is important and takes time and patience.  I don't get nicks any more but I used to.  The neck part is what I always manage to wreck no matter how hard I try.

--- End quote ---

Yeah this is funny, because my parents advised me not to use DE razor on my scalp when it's actually face/neck I got red from blood. I have some degree of patience but it's harder every time you nick yourself

Magoo:
I learned to shave with a DE , cartridge was not yet invented. Face shaving with a DE is OK not my favorite method, but head shaving with it takes too  long and who needs the cuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version