Author Topic: The New Me  (Read 2827 times)

Offline KC-FireDog

• Learning the way of Sly
The New Me
« on: December 13, 2022, 08:40:50 PM »
Greetings,

I’m new to the forum & want to introduce myself.

While I have shaved on and off for the past 15-20 years,  I have usually grown my hair back to a short buzz/fade.  While balding, I could sort of carry off those styles.  Over the past few months, however, I have been getting a clipper shave about every 3 weeks from my barber and been pleased with the result.  After my tune up today, however, I have decided to pretty much stay bald and am trying to find the right bald persona.

Not really into thick beards/excessive scuff & like the Bruce Willis Action figure vibe.  Would appreciate any advice on how to enhance my image.

Thanks, KC

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:13:53 PM by KC-FireDog »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: The New Me
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 09:49:00 PM »
Looks good! Welcome aboard.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 04:55:14 AM »
Welcome! Nice clean sharp look. No facial hair is needed, I'm noticing alot of guys going with the head/face shave.

Are you clipper shaved or are you going with a razor shave? Nothing like the feel of a freshly shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline KC-FireDog

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 05:24:57 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  My goal is to clippershave this Winter & break out the razor when it gets warm.  I do like the clean look & don’t really want a beard.  I think my features can pull that off but am always interested in what others think.  Frankly I’m at the stage where I frankly look better without hair!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 05:51:03 AM »
Well, you look great with a bald head! It's A very trendy style these days, and makes us older guys look younger.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 06:23:19 AM »
You look great.  Of course, we have only seen you without hair.  Your family and friends may have a different reaction if they are accustomed to seeing you with the buzz or fade.  Just understand that to them, it has more to do with the change than how you actually look, and in time they will like it.  While I am a fan a facial hair with a shaved head, it is not required and you look fine without it.  (I am actually a fan of facial hair for guys that still have head hair as well).

When you are ready, give the razor blade shave a try.  The look is not that different, especially for guys with light hair and no visible shadow, but you will love the feel of it.
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
I grew a beard about 30 years ago, but it was more maintenance for me to keep it up than it was to shave daily so I shaved it off after about a year or two.  I shaved my head the first time over 6 years ago.  After going back and forth, I finally decided to keep it shaved daily a couple of years ago.  I like the feeling of a smooth scalp vs the sandpaper feel I get after about 24 hours. 

Offline KC-FireDog

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 09:12:24 AM »
You have all been helpful.  I think I’m on the right path.  Thank you.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2022, 01:22:22 AM »
The shaved look suits you, but as has been said we didnt see you with hair ;D

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 02:20:59 AM »
I can't picture you any other way!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2022, 10:03:51 PM »
Greetings,

I’m new to the forum & want to introduce myself.

While I have shaved on and off for the past 15-20 years,  I have usually grown my hair back to a short buzz/fade.  While balding, I could sort of carry off those styles.  Over the past few months, however, I have been getting a clipper shave about every 3 weeks from my barber and been pleased with the result.  After my tune up today, however, I have decided to pretty much stay bald and am trying to find the right bald persona.

Not really into thick beards/excessive scuff & like the Bruce Willis Action figure vibe.  Would appreciate any advice on how to enhance my image.

Thanks, KC

I can’t even imagine hiding that scalp or face
with hair!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 09:29:11 AM »
@KC-FireDog i think the bald head and clean shaven face looks great on you. Getting a clipper shaved head at the barbers is nice. It’s a guarantee that there won’t be any strays and you get a nice bald look. When I clipper shaved my own head I would get paranoid that there will be strays and I’ll break out the razor.

But a bald head and clean face is a great look….No bias here! I go back and forth on the beard. I had one for a long time then I was inspired to shave it off and go clean shaven and bald headed. It took a while to get used to though. It is a lot of work to shave the head and then the beard. so I’ll go back to a short beard and mix it up. I lean toward anything that is lower maintenance.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 01:28:28 PM »
I'm definitely a fan of the head/face shaved look! I wish I looked better without my beard, I would give it a try! During the pandemic, I shaved my beard for the first time in about 30 years. Immediately hated it! Maybe it was the shock, and should have kept it to try and get used to it. Anyway, I see alot more guys with both head and face shaved, it's A sharp style.

Offline KC-FireDog

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 04:31:45 PM »
Appreciate all the positive feedback.  Don’t miss the hair at all and razor-shaved my dome yesterday.  While I can grow a righteous beard, I just like the clean shaven face plus many of my activities require a clean shaven face.  I’m glad it suits me.  That said, many guys look awesome with a shaved head & beard or scruff.  Cheers, KC

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2023, 10:55:37 AM »
Welcome to the group!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.