Author Topic: How many barbers do we have on here?  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How many barbers do we have on here?
« on: November 17, 2022, 01:21:28 PM »
Calling all barbers! Who here is a barber?

@Semi-Sly you're a barber, correct?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: How many barbers do we have on here?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 08:01:30 PM »
Yes:

When I was getting ready to retire from all of my other careers I enrolled in Barber College and am now a licensed barber in both Florida and Illinois.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 04:02:10 AM »
@Semi-Sly. That’s really inspirational! How long did I take you to go through barber school? Was it a barbers license or cosmetology? A lot states don’t offer a barbers license anymore.

PS I should add that a lot of the regular barbers I’ve used have shaved heads. Go figure.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 04:03:46 AM by Razorhead »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
No I went to a real barbers college not a cosmetology school.  It took me a couple of years because I did part time for the first year and in the second year I incurred two of three life-threatening illnesses which really slowed me down for a while.

Here in Illinois a cosmetologist is not allowed to shave with a razor but she is allowed to call her self a barber even when she is not and there’s absolutely no enforcement. To be legal a cosmetologist needs to go back to Barber School for $500 in order to become a certified barber in Illinois.

But all these franchise deals like Floyd’s 99 barbershop don’t have any barbers in them at all they’re just a bunch of beauticians!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 08:35:36 AM »
@Semi-Sly I am sorry to hear about your illnesses. I hope you are doing better now and healthy. You just never know what someone is going through.

Thanks for sharing about your barber school experience. In my state and adjoining states, it’s cosmetology school.  😒