Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving 2022!  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Happy Thanksgiving 2022!
« on: November 17, 2022, 01:19:49 PM »
For those of you in the USA, have a happy Thanksgiving next week! I'll be traveling so I wanted to get the message up before I do.

Anyone have any cool Thanksgiving traditions?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2022!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2022, 01:54:51 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving.  We just do the traditional meal.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 10:11:30 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving Tyler!  When I was younger we had the traditions but now days the people that were involved in those traditions are either in nursing homes, rest homes or ...  Now I basically have a peanut butter sandwich and sit down and watch a movie.  I no longer like turkey but I love the fixings.  I wish I had a family to spend it with but my sister does her own thing and so does my daughter so my wife and I have to wing it.  I'm thankful every day for what I have and what I've achieved over my life!  I'm also thankful for my and my wifes health.  I'm thankful for having a warm place to live.  Hell, I'm thankful for a lot of things!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 12:56:17 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No big plans here. I'll spend the day cooking and watching football.

A few weeks ago, I decided to stop shaving everything. I thought I would let my hair and beard grow, of course it never ends up looking like you think it will. On Saturday, I couldn't stand it any longer. I trimmed a little here and there in the morning. By the afternoon, I got out the razor and shaved everything except the goatee. It felt so amazing to be smooth and clean again!

I've watched some YouTube videos by a guy named Tony Bruno on headshaving and how to trim a goatee. I trimmed my moustache and goatee like he recommended sand I like it. He trims the moustache under your nose down about halfway. I like how it looks, but I'm finding it very difficult to shave that area between the top of the moustache and my nose. Anyone have any tips?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 02:46:46 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving, All !
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2022, 03:43:43 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No big plans here. I'll spend the day cooking and watching football.

A few weeks ago, I decided to stop shaving everything. I thought I would let my hair and beard grow, of course it never ends up looking like you think it will. On Saturday, I couldn't stand it any longer. I trimmed a little here and there in the morning. By the afternoon, I got out the razor and shaved everything except the goatee. It felt so amazing to be smooth and clean again!

I've watched some YouTube videos by a guy named Tony Bruno on headshaving and how to trim a goatee. I trimmed my moustache and goatee like he recommended sand I like it. He trims the moustache under your nose down about halfway. I like how it looks, but I'm finding it very difficult to shave that area between the top of the moustache and my nose. Anyone have any tips?

My tip:  Don't do it.  Like you said, shaving between the mustache and nose is a pain, and will likely result in cutting a little too much each time, and eventually your mustache will be gone.  I have personally never been a fan of what I call a half mustache, with the top side trimmed.  But you should at least get us a photo of it, you may change my mind.

What you described is different from a "pencil" mustache in that for a pencil both the top and bottom are trimmed to create a very narrow mustache in the center of the lip line and nose, rather than the lower half.  I do think a pencil mustache looks cool, but they require daily intricate maintenance to keep it looking sharp.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:19:11 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 09:13:06 AM »
Duplicate
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 07:19:38 PM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 11:03:25 AM »

It's only trimmed down about 1/4_inch below the nose. Just difficult to get a razor in there. My foil shaver is the best so far.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 07:26:55 PM »
You did not take as much off the top as I thought.  You are fortunate you have a wide growing area between the nose and upper lip, so taking some away is not as drastic looking as I have seen on others.  Still, I do not think it is worth the maintenance, especially as good as your mustache looks otherwise.

I have heard of guys with intricately carved facial hair that use a very small razor that ladies use to shape eyebrows.  Guys that have full coverage under their lips and want to carve out a distinct separation between their goatee and soul patch use them.  I have seen them in stores, they are only about 1/4 inch wide.  They may do the trick for you to make it easier.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 06:31:35 AM »
@slybeard , yes, I could trim it a little lower and detail more, but I'm always cautious not to go too far . I don't want to screw it up and have to shave it off! I shaved off all my facial hair a couple years ago and it wasn't pretty.

I think you're right, not worth the trouble.

Enter your email address: