Author Topic: High school reunion  (Read 4209 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
High school reunion
« on: October 07, 2022, 07:27:53 AM »
So, tomorrow is my 50th high school reunion. First one since I shaved my head! Not sure why I'm A little nervous, as I've been shaving nearly 10 years, and love it. I'm sure there will be plenty of comments, but I'm sure plenty of the other guys are bald too. I'll make sure I shave my head super smooth in case some of the gals want to feel it!!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: High school reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 07:59:27 AM »
So, tomorrow is my 50th high school reunion. First one since I shaved my head! Not sure why I'm A little nervous, as I've been shaving nearly 10 years, and love it. I'm sure there will be plenty of comments, but I'm sure plenty of the other guys are bald too. I'll make sure I shave my head super smooth in case some of the gals want to feel it!!

I have never attend a High School reunion, but I would be proud to show my smooth bald head if I did go to one.  BTW, my high school was so small that instead of specific reunions for classes, they have an annual alumni reunion for all classes.  I do not have a lot of fond memories of my High School years, or the people there, so I do not care to return.  Even as the valedictorian of my class, I was kind of treated as an outcast and not invited to parties, etc.
SlyBeard

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 12:23:50 PM »
I've never been to one.  Now, I wish I had.  I lost touch with everyone. :(

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 11:57:58 PM »
It would be my 40th. I have lost touch with everyone, I also live 9,100 km away.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 07:47:40 AM »
A friend of mine from high school has kept his head shaved for about twenty years.  I have another friend who’s been bald for at least that long.  I shaved mine for the first time six years ago, and have kept mine clean for the past two years.  I guess I’m still a little new at this. 

Offline David_N

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »
I was more surprised at how enormous everyone had gotten. I've stayed kind of skinny!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 05:28:14 PM »
I went to my 50th high school reunion two weeks ago it was the only one I have ever been to since the only one they ever had was our 15th reunion and at that time I live in Iceland

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 10:15:24 AM »
Well, I'm glad that is over with! Funny how the people that were nice are still nice, and the a-holes are still the same.

There were several other guys with shaved heads, and a whole lot of guys holding on to some scraps of hair. I noticed A lot of gals doing a double take when they saw me.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 09:43:46 PM »
Well, I'm glad that is over with! Funny how the people that were nice are still nice, and the a-holes are still the same.

There were several other guys with shaved heads, and a whole lot of guys holding on to some scraps of hair. I noticed A lot of gals doing a double take when they saw me.

Well mine wasn’t so great first of all we had to have a class of about 180 kids and of those about 60 showed up for the reunion it was amazing learned over 20 of them are already dead

Of the 60 that showed up a lot of them were married to people from the grades immediately before or after hours so I knew a lot of them to

But my God those people gotten old it was disgusting!  And not one shaved head in the room lots and lots of balls guys with toilet seat haircuts but no shade heads I was also the only guy in the room with visible tattoos  - which drew several remarks all of which were negative

I was also surprised that out of a group of people that it had such an expensive education they were very few of us that ever went beyond more than a bachelors degree at best.  There was one who had an NBA one who had an MD but only two of us had terminal degrees one had a PhD and I have an LLM!

It really seem to me that those people hadn’t done very much in their lives that they had stayed in a little of the cocoon that we came from many of them big hands and a wonderful living by their parents businesses.  I was the only one who’s ever lived abroad!  (Although I did learn from at least three of them that their children have chosen to live outside of the United States)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 09:46:21 PM »
I went to my 50th high school reunion two weeks ago it was the only one I have ever been to since the only one they ever had was our 15th reunion and at that time I live in Iceland

P.S. I was also the only one of the classroom server military homecoming queen asked me what profession I had pursued after high school and I told her that I had been a professional warrior she was visibly shocked give me a dirty look and walk away

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2022, 05:20:17 AM »
We had almost 500 in our graduating class, 130 at the reunion, over 50 dead already.

Very interesting, one classmate was in the Secret Service, attached to 3 different presidents. Another one not there is a 4 star general!

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2022, 12:36:42 PM »
My 15th will be coming up soon. First one since I grabbed the razor so I'll be doing the same.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2022, 02:40:36 PM »
@Thathawkguy001 , go for it! You might get a few comments, but remember, you are the only one that really cares. You'll probably get some attention from the gals!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2022, 02:57:33 PM »
I can't imagine my 50th reunion, I graduated from my HS in 2020 :D

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2022, 08:43:49 AM »
I can't imagine my 50th reunion, I graduated from my HS in 2020 :D

It will be 2070 before you know it, so make the best of it.
SlyBeard