Author Topic: Needing to get the hats out  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Needing to get the hats out
« on: October 03, 2022, 12:09:19 PM »
I find hats to be a love hate relationship. I really don’t like covering my bald head - except for those sunny days to avoid burning. But the cooler weather and greyer skies it’s nice to go hatless in the Fall. I love the chill on my head. This morning was an exception. I hate cold raindrops hitting my head! I love snow hitting my bald head….but raindrops are annoying.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Needing to get the hats out
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 01:08:09 PM »
I know what you mean!  I have been holding off wearing a hat because I like the feeling of cool air on my bald head.  It's been unusually cool for this time of year where I live (it was 45 degrees this morning at 7:00 when I took the dog out) and I was tempted to put on a cap, but I held off again. 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 06:14:41 PM »
I just got all my various winter hats washed and ready to go! Although I don't like wearing hats and I like the cold air on my head. When I have to wear a hat, it always comes off when I enter a building, gotta show off that smooth noggin. Won't be long and I'll be wearing a hoodie to bed. My head gets cold during the night!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 09:55:42 AM »
Last winter I wore a toke to bed and sometimes outside.  Wearing a hat kind of defeats the purpose of shaving my head.  I do however wear a hat when mowing the lawn or taking a walk in the scorching sun.  We all need some protection from the sun and that's different but I l do like to show off my head whenever possible.

Offline David_N

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2022, 08:31:49 AM »
I'm definitely needing a beanie at night from September onwards!

Offline sellitman

• "Shiny"
  • Sly
  • Love My Henson Ti-22 Safety Razor!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 11:43:31 AM »
I hate hats most of the time. I have a velour ski cap I use when it gets real cold and another lighter duty on for the house but that's it. I hate topping off my dome.
"There is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God’s grey Earth as that prince of foods... the muffin!"- Frank Zappa

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 07:49:08 PM »
I actually like the rain on my head. One of my favorite things about being bald.

I usually only go for a hat when I need to- out in the sun for an extended period or too cold.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2022, 07:06:28 AM »
I actually like the rain on my head. One of my favorite things about being bald.

I usually only go for a hat when I need to- out in the sun for an extended period or too cold.

Funny you mention that. My head is an early warning rain system for the group when we're sitting around the campfire. We jokingly call it "bal-dar", the bald radar. I'm the first to feel the rain and I'll yell out "my bal-dar is going off!"

But I was outside yesterday and the cold really seemed to get to my scalp. It does seem like it's time to break out the beanie!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2022, 04:37:45 PM »
I hate cold on my head . I always protect my head and face from midday sunshine. Have had skin cancer so I know that it’s a real thing. Must say as off lately I have let some hair grow and say I like it better than the bald look. I have shaved my head for over ten years. Sometimes change is good , l have gone back and forth many times. 
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."