Author Topic: More and more shaved guys!  (Read 3327 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
More and more shaved guys!
« on: September 19, 2022, 03:18:10 PM »
Have you noticed even more headshavers lately? I guess the secret is out! I've noticed a couple areas where I see more bald heads. One is national news reporters and another is in the NFL. I see alot of coaches and trainers on the side lines with great looking shaved heads.

Where have you guys noticed more sly guys?

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
Re: More and more shaved guys!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 07:30:29 PM »
I see a lot of professional guys with shaved heads too. Mostly guys in their 40s and older.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 09:12:32 AM »
I see a lot of guys that have the mpb thing shaving but I hardly see guys that have a full head of hair shaving it off.  I have a full head of hair but I shave it because it just looks crappy if I let it grow.  Ahh, such is life but if I let it grow, I feel so dirty.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 10:50:59 AM »
@clint902 , I agree, lots of guys with mpb shaving now. Actually, I like the shaved head with a shadow on the sides and back. Of course, with guys like me, there is no shadow with white hair, so people can't tell I have a full head of hair!

I also agree about not feeling clean with stubble on my head. Like I've said before, there is no better feeling than after a smooth headshave and shower.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:38 AM »
If I had all gray hair it would be nice but my hair can't seem to make up its mind!  I'm still getting the shadow but it is getting a bit lighter or maybe I'm just shaving better.  Doesn't really matter but my hair's a bit confused.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 04:02:46 PM »
I see a lot of guys that have the mpb thing shaving but I hardly see guys that have a full head of hair shaving it off.  I have a full head of hair but I shave it because it just looks crappy if I let it grow.  Ahh, such is life but if I let it grow, I feel so dirty.

For a while in the early 2000s it became trendy to be bald and a lot of guys shaved full heads of hair to be in style.  It was inevitable that the trend would come to an end and that the pendulum would swing the other way.  Nowadays shaved heads are sported primarily by guys who have no choice in the matter.  They say everything comes back into fashion so someday we may see a resurgence in the bald by choice look.

I’ve never missed having hair and I am perfectly happy being bald but if I hadn’t been losing hair already I’m not sure I would have ever summoned up the nerve to shave my head. And I imagine the pressure from friends ans fsmilu to let it grow back would have been overwhelming.  Add to that the odd occasion where I see a really nice haircut and think that it would be nice to have te option to try something like that, I can understand why people who can still grow hair didn’t stay bald.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 07:04:47 AM »
@Razor X , I think you're right, most of the guys I know that shave are balding. I'm one of the bald by choice guys that continue to shave. I guess I would grow my hair back if I didn't break out on my scalp within a couple of weeks. I only see two negatives to being bbc, the daily shaving routine and it's damn cold in the winter. Luckily, I still think a bald head looks good on me!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 04:38:54 PM »
I don’t find the daily routine to be that burdensome.  It takes less time than it used to take to make my hair look presentable.

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 04:56:42 PM »
I agree with @Razor X It takes less time to shave bald then to have hair. I also don't have to spend anything but razors. I use a leaf so no plastic bits. I use a bowl or plug the sink of water so more water saved. Me being bald is good for the environment and myself.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 07:12:27 PM »
I can shave pretty quickly in the shower. It is “extra work” compared to a buzzcut. But I enjoy it.  It’s been a long time since I had hair that was combable. The bald trend for guys with full heads of hair was a relief to me. I felt that shaving my head was a relief from finding and maintaining the right haircut. I never liked my hair until I started buzzing it off but people weren’t so keen on that look. And people didn’t like my longer hair. Ironically when I shaved my head I got a lot of compliments. Most liberating thing!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2022, 05:38:13 AM »
I agree with @Razor X It takes less time to shave bald then to have hair. I also don't have to spend anything but razors. I use a leaf so no plastic bits. I use a bowl or plug the sink of water so more water saved. Me being bald is good for the environment and myself.
I'm assuming that being bald is good for the environment!  With that, I feel that there should be some sort of celebration or something.  We're doing some good here!